Wildstar Intro - Eslosh

Eslosh

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Vanity - Girlfriend is not much of a videogamer, despite my avid attempts of trying.  Plants vs Zombies and iOS games are as far as I can coax her into.

Despite her feelings on the matter, I brought her over and asked her opinion on the warring factions of Exile or Dominion.

She told me she liked Exile.

I said she should at least look at the picture and determine if she likes the looks of one team or another.

She told me that would be superficial and that the Exiles were probably fighting for a good cause.  They're the underdogs.  Then she started singing 'You gotta fight for your right to party'.

Its going to be a long night.

Edited by Eslosh

Welcome the community!

Woo!  Chicago!  I don't live there currently but that is where I grew up as a child and where I stay during breaks school semesters.  Which side of the city do you live?

Tabletop is where it's at - Space Opera(Banned from playing - Long story), AD&D(Banned from playing an assassin), D&D 3.5(Banned from playing a Paladin), Star Wars (Banned from playing a Jedi), Serenity(Banned from playing a psychic), Blue Rose(Banned from playing a fighter-type), Pathfinder(Not banned from anything, yet!), D&D 4.0(Banned from playing a Rogue) and many, many more systems - soon to be D&D 5.0 (4.0 can just wander off somewhere, it never happened)!

Have you tried Call of Cthulu?  My friends bought that board game a few years back and it was quite entertaining, takes several hours to play one full game but it is hilarious.

Additional questions:

Do you like/watch any anime?

Do you always carry a towel with you?

@Nyisha - Up near Andersonville area.  Its a bit north but quaint and close enough to go see what I'd like to see.  As for your constant banning I'm worried you're either giving your poor DM an aneurysm or you have a knack for pairing together some devilishly brilliant characters (or both).  Lets both agree that 4.0 can disappear into the nether. Whats your favorite system? 

I have not played Call of Cthulhu but have played Arkharm Horror many a times - Fantasy Flight games have a knack for building something incredibly thematic and with sanity breaking rulesets.  @Midri - I'm pretty sure you're onto something although I heard 'A Study in Emerald' was ....kinda...sorta shorter of a board game. :)

- Never been much of an anime individual.  Like the idea but back at college people were a little too excited and it was a tad uncomfortable.  I watched Cowboy Bebop and Death Note and I get really excited when a new Persona or Devil Survivor game comes out but that's pretty much the extent.  Is there any must watch anime by your standards?  I'd be willing to give it another go.

- Fun fact, Towel Day is next Sunday!

The brilliant characters is a more accurate description but in turn it annoyed the DM.  I usually started out my characters as jokes - I.E. My blue rose fighter I made after a Bleach anime character (super strong but an idiot) and the way the system worked was if I killed my opponent I could take 5 steps and continue attacking.  So with my ungodly strength, I could roll anything on the attack/damage and basically kill anyone (critical misses and hits aren't really applied in Blue Rose).  

My Jedi was a straight-up Jedi Guardian that killed the main boss of his elaborate campaign while he was talking (took a few dark side points but was worth it).  My DM was really into critical hit tables back then and one of the options was "Critical hit, sever head", which is the one I got.  He wasn't happy.

That's about how it went in the games in which I was banned from playing certain things.  Overall, i'd have to say AD&D or Space Opera being my favorites.  They are old but amazing.  Most of the new systems are much harder to die in so there really isn't a real threat but in the old ones I've been killed by a lvl 1 kobold with his bare hands.

Arkham Horror is also hilariously fun.  I've only played it once or twice but i'd play it again.  Just like Midri said, the setup time is longer than I would want to spend setting up a board game.

As for anime, hardcore fans usually live and die by the old series - Cowboy Bebop, Saint Seiya, Sailormoon, Trigun, Dragonball etc., which are amazing in their own right but I could/would/will argue that some new(er) series are just as good if not better.  Gosick is absolutely amazing, as is Clannad, Shingeki no Kyojin, Log Horizon/SAO, Bleach, Fairy Tail, Toaru Kagaku no Railgun/no Railgun S and so many others.  

It's not a matter of "must watch by my standards" because that list would be about 300 series long, but more of what do you like to watch?  Action/Adventure?  Slice of Life?  Comedy?  Horror?  I watch everything, down to the girly sparkles, rainbows and unicorns, so my standards aren't exactly baseline standards.

Welcome!  Don't let them bully you into anime -- Cowboy Bebop was totes boring and annoying at the same time.

Don't listen to her.  She just doesn't understand.  I blame the lack of proper nutrition and sleep. *nods*