Wildstar Intro - Bok

Bok

Hello all. I am just getting into Wildstar, but my very good friend Manifold suggested that I look into applying. Unlike me, he is not one to dive into a community setting easily. So, when he mentioned a cool guild I had to check out my interest was immediately peaked.

First of all, I have to say that I am impressed by the member activity level in all of these applications and I look forward to the questions.

I've been gaming for a fairly long time now. My interest in video games was sparked the first morning I woke up in this country, 24+ years ago. I came out into the living room of our host apartment and found this grey and beige thing attached to the television. There were some rectangular things plugged into it and they had 2 red buttons each. Who can say "no" to red buttons? The rest is kind of history.

My interest in consoles eventually transformed into a love for PC gaming. My first foray into MMOs was EQ1, which I played, along with Manifold, for more years than I care to admit. At least I can say that “back in my day ______” … all MMOs are a joke now compared to EQ in difficulty. Since then I have played a pretty high percentage of MMOs that have come along. Some were a Beta test, some were a toe in the water and some I played for years. The following are some of the ones I’ve dabbled in EQ1, EQ2, DAoC, WoW, Vanguard, Age of Conan, Warhammer, SWTOR, WoT and ESO. Most of these i played with Manifold. As mentioned, we go way back.

I tend to gravitate towards all things PvP. From the early days of EQ, I enjoyed stabbing the bejesus out of people with my little gnome knife. In recent years, I have been playing World of Tanks. I found myself gravitating to the competitive gaming scene where I experienced “eSports” (a silly term). While it’s not something I can invest enough time into long term, but I did have enough success to travel to places like NYC and Moscow for tournaments.

I really enjoy the community aspect of games and tend to stick around one place a long time if the game has longevity. I also have a habit of getting involved on the leadership level of things if the opportunity presents itself.

Outside of the gaming world I work and work some more… a little too much lately. My gaming time in WS will be a little limited due to this fact. I am a field operations manager for an energy efficiency company.

In most games/Voice coms I go by Bockrocker. In game name is Rijik.

peaked --> piqued

Damn foreigners ;)  MalaSHITE~

I don't know this guy, but if I did I would say he's SUPER dedicated to his communities and loves cats.  I even got him one, cause I'm a nice guy.  He also likes cars, especially if they're being driven by the aforementioned cats.

peaked --> piqued

Damn foreigners ;)  MalaSHITE~

I don't know this guy, but if I did I would say he's SUPER dedicated to his communities and loves cats.  I even got him one, cause I'm a nice guy.  He also likes cars, especially if they're being driven by the aforementioned cats.

uhh guilty on all accounts. 

Hi Bok, welcome to the forums / guild.  You may notice a slightly lower level of activity as everyone is in Wildstar whenever they can be.  Don't take it personally.

What class are you thinking about playing?  Do you prefer healing / tanking / or DPS?  What is the correct response to the cry "BATTLE"?  

Here's a question inspired by "the voice" (TV show on some channel sometimes), name one band or artist that a talent show contestant should NEVER try to cover?  Why?  What's the worst television show ever made?  What book do you know you should like, but you just hate it?  

I look forward to gaming with you (if I get through the queues)

Hi Bok, welcome to the forums / guild.  You may notice a slightly lower level of activity as everyone is in Wildstar whenever they can be.  Don't take it personally.

What class are you thinking about playing?  Do you prefer healing / tanking / or DPS?  What is the correct response to the cry "BATTLE"?  

Here's a question inspired by "the voice" (TV show on some channel sometimes), name one band or artist that a talent show contestant should NEVER try to cover?  Why?  What's the worst television show ever made?  What book do you know you should like, but you just hate it?  

I look forward to gaming with you (if I get through the queues)

I am playing an engineer. 

I prefer the DPS route.

Ugh reality TV contest reference... not my cup of tea. Don't cover RUSH. No one should cover RUSH. Not even RUSH.

Worst show is anything with a reality "star" on a reality show about reality "stars"... cause that's that bad for humanity and my senses.

Books, what are those? I think it was maybe book number 7 in the wheel of time series. Never got past that one.

Welcome to the community!

If you didn't have Battletoads for the NES, then I don't think we can be friends.

Cramped for time right now so just going to get to the point(s):

• You mentioned you lean more towards the PvP side of MMOs, so what is your PvE raiding history looking like?
  • What is your favorite word, or phrase, in any language (Fantasy languages count - so Elvish, Klingon, Twi'lek, etc..)
  • What is your hobby, or hobbies, outside of gaming?  Hiking?  Working out at the gym?  Polar bear wrestling?
  • Do you watch any anime?  If so, what genre(s)/series do you like the most?
  • What kind of music do you listen to when demolishing people in PvP (or killing bosses in PvE)?

See ya around.

1) I thought bok choy made a horrible screaming noise when you cooked it.

1a) But I guess vegetables don't make sounds.

2) Rush is a great answer to the should-never-be-covered question! Agree completely.

3) The Wheel of Time is definitely the best book/book series that people can't stand, lol. I like it a lot, myself. :D

4) BATTLE!

5) What is your stance on Chua? Yay or nay?!