[EVE] Caldari Joans

Caldari Joans

I agree for all but one point.

Prior to the Svipul coming out my corp frequently fielded Thrashers. With the Svipul's release, the Thrasher is completely overshadowed unless you are seriously strapped for cash. When fully stocked I typically have four uniquely fit Svipuls in my hangar. What's sad is most can handle all of the same fights.  They are simply designed to have an edge in certain encounters.  I used to have a clip of my double armor rep Svipul soloing a Caracal and Rapier. That's two RLML cruisers with web support. No links or drugs involved. The engagement profile begs the question "why fly anything else?".  Even bling fitting a Svipul lands it under the price of a HAC.

RLMLs do need a change. As it stands I cannot take any of my frigate options on a roam because RLMLs are everywhere. I can potentially tank one Caracal but anything else and you vaporize within about a 50km sphere of the Caracal.  The Orthrus is even worse because now you have to make sure your cruiser doesn't get caught by the anti-frigate platform.  Again it's the issue of having an incredibly wide engagement profile. This isn't healthy for anyone because, due to it's power, many roamers choose the Orthrus. This prevents potential fights because who really wants to chase down an Orthrus while wading through ridiculous amounts of damage to get hit with a scram at 20km?

If a ship enters your system and the best counter is a better fit/skilled version of the same ship then there's potentially a balance issue.

Offgrid links are long overdue for a change. Nothing new there. I don't worry much about remote sebo setups because I already have to account for Svipuls when in small sig radius hulls. Anything larger and a dedicated camp will catch me regardless.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, my guess is we'll see a prevalence of armor tanked T3 links. Tank modules will require tradeoffs with the command processors. Large scale this won't matter as much because you can just devote logi to your link ship.

Small gang things will shift slightly but with people having invested toons into links a new method will emerge.

Like I said earlier, I'm glad you've decided to join up.  :)  Since you're already in the process of prepping & moving (and are one of our first recruits to go from 0.0 to 0.0, brave of you) I'm going to give you the forum upgrade blurb a couple days before your corp invite.

I'm going to upgrade your forum account to Recruit. That will allow you to view our EVE forums and the information overload they represent. Let me point out some highlights...

- Our guild has pretty high standards of behavior and conduct. Please read the Code of Conduct and post your understanding so we know you've read it.

- The EVE Online Chapter Policy forums has a pile of information about how our corp operates in EVE. Of particular importance, here are instructions for joining our in-game chat channel and here is an explanation of our in-game rank structure.

Some of us have limited playtime, so we use the forums a lot to discuss happenings in the game and plans for once we're actually able to log on. I'll be sending you a PM soon with even MORE words to read.

• 1 month later...
On 2/28/2016 at 0:52 PM, CNRain said:

Thanks for taking the time to talk with me in SOHCO pub.

It had a lot to do with me making the decision to pursue membership.

Hope things work out, and look forward to flying with you!

Glad to have you onboard brother. We'll do a celebratory roam when you're ready. Pick a ship you want to fly and die in.