[FFXIV] Rivalain

Rivalain

Allo folks!

I'm Rivalain (Riv). I've played MMOs on and off since the EQ days, and was long ago and far away in the land of Burning Crusade, in a reasonably progressed raiding guild. Since then I've dabbled in Lineage, Aion, TERA, both Guild Wars....Probably a few others. I've been a Final Fantasy fan since the old Nintendo Power FF1 guide, and I played ARR in beta for a spell, but ending up quitting and coming back shortly before 2.4 (and have played ever since!) I main DRG, with MCH and DRK as my secondaries. I recently transferred to Leviathan from Adamantoise, which is notably smaller than Levi.

Outside of MMOs, I play a goodly amount of tabletop RPGs (Pathfinder, D&D, Shadowrun, the list goes on..) and a number of instruments (guitar, bass, keyboard, and am the process of acquiring a lute and a mandola) ) I once composed the score to a play centered around 80s nostalgia and video games. I listen to pretty much every genre, though I began life as a metalhead. \m/

I'm also a high school English teacher (sophomores/juniors, all of whom are incredibly entertaining).

That all said, looking forward to meeting you all! 

Ashin - I did, and they are awesome. I haven't yet finished Dragonfall but I've beaten Hong Kong and the original. I started SR with 2nd edition and the old Genesis game so they're a nice throwback to that time, and written by the original designer besides. :)

Midri - Gotcha! I'm going to be out of town for the weekend, but should be back Sunday night.

Dragonfall is very good, it improved upon the first one quite a bit and felt like it had real replay value, and a pretty interesting storyline.

I bought Hong Kong but haven't played it yet -- everything I've heard says the story is slightly less interesting than Dragonfall but otherwise its good.