[EVE] Adeou

Adeou

Hello everybody!

My good friends Caldari Joans and Lelden Praxis recently joined your team in EVE and have had good things to say about it so far. I decided to re-sub myself and give it a shot!

I've dabbled all over in EVE, a bit of HS, mining (asteroid and moon), Lowsec faction PvP, and nullsec PvP. I generally enjoy micro or small roams with my pals, simple and fun PvP is my main goal in EVE. I'm pretty well trained in Shields and Armor, but I prefer Shields, I fly a lot of Caldari missile boats and Minmatar artillery of all sizes. I might have a couple of caps to ship down. 

I have a bit of a wonky work schedule currently. I work weekends, so I'm rarely around much then, but I make up for it with late weeknight shenanigans. 

Other games: I spend a lot of time in WoW with a group of friends I've known there for about a decade now, really enjoying the PvP in that game as well as some RP (Alliance, Emerald Dream). Recently got into playing Rocket League as well. 

I live in the NoVA area and work as a computer engineer. 

What else am I missing? Ask away!

- Adeou

Hi Adeou,

We heard you were on the fence about resubbing - what pushed you over the top? :)

Do we pronounce your name as adieu?

We're assembling quite the NoVA army within EVE.  If want, go ahead and PM an account API to me, or mail in-game to Valence Benedetto, and we can get that formality out of the way.  You can also hop in SOHCO Public and start getting to know some folks.  I will look for you when I get back in game, so we can have a quick chat in mumble.  CJ tells me you are good people, so I expect the interview will go smoothly!

Hi there! We chatted a bit in-game earlier, I'm TBert & TBette.

While most of our big activities are weekends, we still have people online and the occasional fleet in USTZ prime. If you're up REALLY late you might like flying with the coalitions Aussie contingent.

Random questions...

Which Transformers film was the worst?

Have you ever had a near-death experience involving a wormhole, either in-game or IRL?

What color is your primary form of transportation to/from work?

Yeah, if you see me in-game feel free to reach out! I look forward to meeting you guys.

We heard you were on the fence about resubbing - what pushed you over the top?

I generally do what my buddies are doing, and I enjoyed my time in EVE. When they all started getting back into it my interest was piqued. There’s only so long I can stand by and listen to the glories of nullsec roaming before I need to get a slice.

“Do we pronounce your name as adieu?”

More like Ah-Doo.

“Which Transformers film was the worst?”

Oh man, I haven’t even seen the newest one, even though I heard it was pretty good. I’d honestly have to say one of the middle two, Revenge of the Fallen or Dark of the Moon, and I’d say either, because even reading their descriptions I honestly can’t differentiate between the two in my memory to say definitely that one was better than the other, they both just kinds blended together in memory to “meh”.

“Have you ever had a near-death experience involving a wormhole, either in-game or IRL?”

My WH experience in EVE has been surprisingly friendly given the limited time I’ve spent in them. I was never a fan of needing to log on and scan down signatures just to maybe find an exit, so I never spent too much time in them. The one journey I had into an inhabited WH was as a noob in a fleet of noob ventures. We were quickly discovered by the inhabitants who got a chuckle out of our ways and were friendly enough to clean the sleepers out of an asteroid anomaly for us to chisel out a whopping 8m worth of material before running off home.

So I suppose my only near-death experience I’ve had with a Wormhole may very well be IRL. Perhaps I was in the vicinity of a micro-black hole or WH which randomly popped in and out of existence nearby for all of a few attoseconds. Perhaps if I had stood only a few feet to the left on that elevator coming home from work on Tuesday I would have been standing precisely where that wormhole spun in and out of existence, and maybe it would have taken a chunk out of my Aortic artery in the process and I would have randomly died, for no seemingly apparent external reason. I’ve never heard of such a thing happening, but I’m pretty sure it’s technically not “impossible” so…

“What color is your primary form of transportation to/from work?”

Beige. 

Favorite beer: I’ve tried a few, honestly I can’t get into beer or wine. I prefer most hard liquors: whisky, vodka, rum. My latest drink of choice is either Captain Morgan + Coke or Jack Daniels + Coke.

I also prefer tea over coffee. I know, I’m seriously weird like that.

Canadians: Love them. I’ve got at least four of them that I run BGs in WoW with.

Conference finals: I know nothing about sports, so I can only assume you’re talking about who actually gets their office building conference room reservations (and who gets bumped to the lower-capacity “team rooms”, and my answer to that is definitely the guys with the IT department on their side. Probably Janice in Accounting.

Best meal: 2am breakfast after a late night with friends.