[EVE] Intro - Cameron Grey

iball

Good morning all, 

I saw your advert on Reddit today and jumped over here to introduce myself. You definitely piqued my interest for a corp...

about me...

My friends and family call me I-ball. I'm married, 40+, have ten year old twins - boy and a girl, and am an avid gamer in my spare time (Marvel UA 3, Path of Exile, and Eve). My kids are getting a little bit older now, so I have more free time in the late evenings and on weekends to get more involved in "structured" gameplay. I just "returned" to Eve after a long hiatus. A buddy of mine from BoB/TNT tried to get me to play years ago, but I just didn't have time then - family first and raising my kids is my priority. I got the itch to try Eve again and re-loaded the client recently. I'm based in the USTZ - Texas (CST) and am now on a few times a week later in the evening. I'm laid back and low-key - I don't do drama and especially not when I'm try to enjoy a game. I like to throw out 1-liners and movie references on disco chat, mostly to keep my ADD-riddled brain amused, but occasionally I make other people laugh with my dad jokes, too...

eve experience and focus...

•  I'm a snuggly nubnub (only 10m sp, but Omega at least) with minor and outdated pvp/fleet experience from 3 years ago... :/
  • Working on a Sabre fit but am open to training for any pvp needs
  • Currently ratting/hacking in LowSec near Fountain/Delve to get my roam, flight, and fight skills back
  • I really want to get to get some good small-scale pvp and training in when I'm on, ie: not interested in mining or corp...
  • Willing to take orders, train into new fits, die on roams as tackle, whatever is needed...
  • I don't have any expectations from corp or FC other than be cool and give me some time, training, and patience to develop the skills I need to be useful with you in pvp

Well, if you're interested, I look forward to chatting with you more. Cheers!

~ I-ball

Hello I-ball!

As the new "face" of recruitment I feel it my responsibility to welcome you as a potential new recruit! I've been in SoH for about a month and haven't seen even the slightest hint of drama or discontent. A great and helpful group for sure. I just recently led my first small lowsec roam and while I didn't know what I was doing, everyone was patient, worked together, and we all had a great time. Your expectations are exactly what I have experienced here.

When does a joke become a dad joke? When it's apparent, of course! ;)

Totally serious and most important question time:

Did you walk to school or take a lunch?

If you were an article of clothing, what would you be and why?

What is the average flying velocity of an unladen swallow?

Hello potential new space friend! 

Ratting in low sec sounds terrible, but this is EVE so putting yourself through misery is often a great way to make ISK (see: Planetary Interaction).

The Sabre is an excellent ship, one of my favorites - also unforgiving and expensive, hehehe.

Random question time! 

Favorite ship in EVE?

Favorite ship outside of EVE?

What is your current phone background? 

Hi Kamella, that's good to know... and good dad joke! :D

Totally serious and most important question time:

Did you walk to school or take a lunch?

Erm, walk to school and take lunch? Uphill, both ways, in the snow... we lived in rural Michigan... true story...

If you were an article of clothing, what would you be and why?

A flannel shirt - reminds me of chopping down trees with my grandpa in the fall... His shirts always smelled like gasoline. And I love the smell of gasoline on a cold autumn day... 

What is the average flying velocity of an unladen swallow?

What do you mean? African or European swallow?

Hi Tyrlis, yes I definitely look forward to flying Sabres... It also doubles as Sean Connery's favorite S-word on SNL Celebrity Jeopardy... 

Random question time! 

Favorite ship in EVE?

My Drake. Definitely my drake. Can I bring that in fleet? - said every nubnub ever

Favorite ship outside of EVE?

Without a doubt, the SR-71. Baddest aircraft ever!

Or the Aluminum Falcon. 

Or Serenity...  

Dang it, you guys ask tough questions...

What is your current phone background? 

Orange and yellow raindrops? ehh... yeah, i didn't put a lot of thought into the wallpaper...

1.gif.b1170eb01a16a89d23cade0043cfd3a8.gif

Hi Jamroar,

What's your favorite movie to reference?

I don't really have a favorite movie to quote per se, it just depends on the context and who I'm with.... but a few of my favorites are:

• Obligatory Monty Python of course: "Tis but a scratch...",  "There are some who call me... Tim."
  • Trinity / Trinity is Still My Name: "Every monk who is a monk, punch a monk who ain't a monk..."
  • Mel Brooks / Spaceballs: "What's the matter Col. Sandurz, chicken?" :D
  • Wes Anderson movies: "Anne-Marie, do all the interns get glocks? No, they all share one..." 

Awesome answers.

I agree that there is nothing like the smell of gasoline on a cool morning. However, my lawyer advises me not to go into further details on this matter.

I liked the answer of SR-71... a truly kickass ship. But Serenity wins (in my book) if for nothing other than its crew. Excuse me while I cry in a corner waiting hopelessly for a continuation of the series.

I look forward to flying with you.