Taffel - Holy Paladin

Taffel

I have spoken briefly to Jynks about myself but I caught him a little before raid tonight so we didn't have to much time to talk. Anyway, here is my intro/app.

A brief intro about myself:

My name is Chris and I am 21, I have been playing WoW since 2008. I've taken only one long break and that was this past 3 months for personal reasons. Before my break I was the GM of a semi-hardcore 25man guild, Fracture on US-Whisperwind. Before becoming GM I was a long time officer and raid leader as well as healing officer throughout the end of ICC and into cata. We were heavily into heroics during ICC but did not down H LK on 25 by cata. Although i ran a 10man with another officer on off days and we did clear 12/12H while it was still difficult. Aside from running a 25man progression guild I do love to PVP and right now on my current server that is not much of an option. I did 2s and some 3s with my roommate the last few seasons but didn't get where we wanted. Anyway, enough writing, here is some easy to look at questions to answer most of what you want to know.

Character Name? Taffel

Class? Paladin

What is your main spec? Holy

Please provide a direct link to your armory. Be sure to log off in your PvE gear until your application process is completed.

http://us.battle.net...d/Taffel/simple

Reasoning for gear/gems/enchants and spec? My gear is behind due to my absence from the game. Although I am currently working hard to get it up to par. For now I am keeping my T11 4set until I get enough for T12 2 set which wont be long at all. This way I get more throughput which is much more important to me than my item level being 1 point higher or so. My gems are mostly all standard BiS. My spec is also realively standard. I put the full 2 into improved judgement in Ret instead of 2/2 Last Word, many encounters healers must stand back so the extra range to always get my judge off 100% time is great and in a raid setting the 1/2 last word is good. I do love to theorycraft so my spec might change a bit depending on certain encounters. All of my enchants are standard BiS.

Can you play any other specs? Do you have Gear for any other specs?

I can play ret but usually my off spec is either set for a specific encounter or it is set in PVP which it currently is.

What's your raid experience?

I started raiding in TOC and didnt get serious until ICC came out. So I was 11/12 heroic in 25 and 12/12 heroic in 10 both with drakes. T11 I am 1/13 heroic (lack of progression due to my absence) and as far as Firelands goes sadly I am only 1/7reg. Due to me just getting back I have yet to have a chance to run FL seriously. I have heavily researched each encounter as I love doing this from my raid leading days. So I will catch on extremely fast.

Average FPS & Latency during 25 man raids.

My avg. ms is about 20 and my FPS is usually around 50-60. I have extremely good and reliable internet so I rarely, if ever, miss a raid. Usually 100% attendance.

Do you have a mic? Do you have any objections speaking on Mumble when needed?

Yes I have a very good mic and I can speak whenever needed.

High raid attendance is expected while you are a "Trial". Is there anything that can potentially cause you to miss a raid? (Think ahead 1-2 months)

I rarely miss raids so this is not much a problem at all.

Provide the following- screenshot of your UI. http://imageshack.us...10913at552.png/ 24inch monitor, I do run many addons so if you have any questions about any of them please let me know and I will explain.

What gaming peripherals do you use?

I use a Das Mechanical Professional Silent Keyboard, Razer Naga mouse, and Razer Mouse surface.

Provide a link to logs of your healing / dpsing.

http://www.worldoflo...one/?enc=bosses These logs are from a terrible pug raid where nobody knew what to do I did on my first day or two back. The raid ended before we downed chogall. My performance is not exactly where I want it but my gear is still behind. I feel my uptime and CD usage was pretty good but I can still do much much better

http://www.worldoflo...um/healingDone/ This is another pug BH10 I did earlier today. We wiped on try1 because ppl decided to not stack for eyes. Next attempt was no problem. I feel my up-time is getting better but it is super hard to analyze such a small short raid.

Will you come to a progression raid having already read any available information relevant to encounters?

This was my job in the past and will remain my job as a raider. Coming prepared helps raid move along so much better, its an important requirement

What do you think about beginning raids early and staying beyond the required raid times to down new content?

This is not a problem for me as your raid times are perfect for me with room to stay late or start early.

Do you have any max-level alts? Are you interested in raiding on alts?

Yes I have a Deathknight and a Druid both in which I use to actively run alt runs on and I do know how to play both very very well. And I also PVP on all 3 of my 85s (Frost dk and resto druid.)

Are you able to take and improve upon hard criticism? (Please elaborate)

Yes, I think constructive criticism throughout the raid can only help everyone improve and get that little bit extra each raid night. I believe reviewing logs and finding ways to improve is extremely important. I love to theorycraft so I look at logs very actively and find things I can improve on each week.

Impress Us. Tell us why we should give a crap about you. I am a very experienced and hardworking player. I know my gear is not up to par at the moment but that will be fixed shortly. Gear is easily fixable, awareness and raid smarts is not, and that is what I have. After being a raider than into management of a 25man guild I have seen it all. As a raid leader i feel i am extremely raid aware and know my environment. I not only look out for myself but everyone around me as well. I will be a long-term raider in your guild and an extremely involved player as well. I love to PVE as well as PVP so this guild seems amazing.

Thank you so very much for taking the time to read this.

Normally I don't think we could take someone who is only 1/7 normal mode. But in light of your considerable past experience, I think we should consider an exception.

I would like to get in voice so we can get a feel for eachother's personalities. I wish we could run some dungeons together, but you are a dorf! The logs you posted indicate that your throughput is respectable for your gear level and also tracks closely with the incoming damage associated with those fights.

My raid finishes at 11pm EST tonight - would you be available to interview around that time? We use mumble so please download and install.

Thank you!