Lazeil: Holy Paladin Application.

Lazeil

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After reviewing your logs briefly I was curious about a fight, Ultraxion. I'm assuming you received the Blue Buff, correct? I assume that because you had Essence of Dreams heals, and then you didn't towards the end of the fight. Anyways I was surprised to see the Resto Shaman on your June 5th kill, and the Resto Druid in your June 12th kill both pull ahead of you in healing when you got the godly healer buff.

Here is a closeup of you still having the green buff briefly and then receiving the blue buff with ~1 minute left in the fight

http://www.worldoflo.../?s=5109&e=5169

When damage was the highest your Resto Druid pulled ahead of you with a peak of 86k hps and you were only at ~50k hps. In addition you only did 8 Holy Radiance's in that entire last minute. It isn't common to see a Holy Paladin with the Blue Buff do so few Holy Radiance's and low hps at the end of Ultraxion. What happened?

I went back to your June 5th kill of Ultrax.

http://www.worldoflo.../?s=4890&e=5145

Here is a close up of the final ~40 seconds of that fight when you gained the Blue Buff

http://www.worldoflo.../?s=5106&e=5147

The Resto Shaman pulled impressive numbers with just a Red Buff, I'm guessing people were getting low and his Mastery was kicking in? Again I was surprised to see you only did 5 Holy Radiance's that entire 40 seconds, that explains why people might have been dipping low allowing his Mastery to do work. Were you guys using a different strat? It's quite uncommon to see so few Holy Radiance when blue buff allows you to spam it. Was Crusader Strike necessary for extra damage on Utraxion?

You said in your introduction "As I get more familiar with an encounter I make better judgment calls." naturally we all do that, but in a hardcore progression guild we require these things to be learned more quickly and on the fly, like on a pull per pull basis. It's things like that we all think about and sometimes even prior to engaging an encounter. Checking your class on World of Logs and checking forums discussing the particular fight are common tasks we all do.

Are these things something you already do on your own?

I know I am coming off as somewhat harsh, but these things are common practice for a HM progressing Holy Paladin.

Our Holy Paladin(s) salivates uncontrollably waiting for that blue buff week after week, well maybe not as much now that it's our 30something clear of DS but you get my point. He WANTS to spam crazy Holy Radiance, he WANTS to do those massive HPS numbers, YOU GOTTA WANT IT!...err wait where was I going with this....

Oh right, it's that competitive nature all of us healers have. I was just using that Blue Buff as an example. Deep down inside we all want to beat each other on the meters...so long as it doesn't interfere with the encounter of course. Whether that be pre-casting a heal or spamming Holy Radiance on the raid when you can; we all push our characters to the limit, every fight every week. I just didn't see that kind of attitude from the logs I looked over. Is that something you think you can do for us?

Thank you for applying and don't take what I said the wrong way, I'm just being direct from what I reviewed in those logs I saw.