holy pally application

gakin

Hey everyone my name is Hunter and im reapplying bc i was having some personal issues and didnt really finish my application before, so here it is again.I'm 24 and i'm currently going to college at FIU. Compared to most of you i am very new to wow, i started playing around when firelands came out. I am in a guild now where everyone is really friendly and helpful but our 10 man group is not taken very seriously. I am looking just to get into the guild as a social member and be a backup healer once i get geared better. I can play any night of the week and some during the day so attendence wouldn't be an issue. I want to join this guild because i want to become a more serious player and i feel like you guys want to have fun and excel at what your doing.

I play a holly pally, and i also have a hunter who i mess around with. Here is the link to the Holly pally http://us.battle.net...ge/Gakin/simple

Hi again Gakin!

I'm glad to hear that your personal issues were worked out, and I'm flattered that you remembered us and kept in touch. I would be happy to add you as a social member and test you out for standby/backup raiding. Stormreaver is also a busy server, so I feel you can find pickup raids here too.

I know you were having some issues with getting your user account set up. I think I can merge this account with your first one - want me to do that?

As for your gear, something we can fix easily is your weapon. You want to do the Arena of Annihilation scenario, which will take a few minutes, and then you'll complete a quest that has a decent weapon reward for you.

Just let me know how you want to handle the account issue, and when you plan to transfer over.

:)

Hello Hunter, fellow Holy Paladin here.

Just a few things I've noticed that you could work on improving.

- You're dangerously low on spirit (5800). I see you have a few pieces of "Firelash" random enchantment gear, and while the Ilvl is high (463) it doesn't come equipped with spirit, though I'm sure you recognize that, as you have reforged those pieces to spirit. I think you can reach around 8500-9000 spirit with heroic dungeon drops, so you'll probably want to work towards getting those elusive pieces.

- You're missing several enchants. Your cloak, bracers, gloves, belt buckle and shield are all without enchants at the time of me writing this.

- Your professions aren't maxed, so you're missing out on alot of good perks, such as two 480 spirit gems as a JC and the Synapse Springs glove tinker from Engineering.

That being said, you are reforging correctly. Mastery is certainly the way to go, and you want to get as much as you can. I do have some other questions.

What encounters are you using Hand of Purity for and why do you choose it over Unbreakable Spirit or Clemency?

You currently are using Glyph of Blinding Light, why?

What are your thoughts on Sacred Shield?

I did read your previous app, and you've been away from the game dealing with personal issues. So I can understand why your gear is lacking, but I thought I'd just highlight what you could work on.

Hope to see ya around.

thx Ashin and ill be transfering by this week. Abragale yea im trying to get heroic gear bc i got those ones from running scenarios. As for the enchants there are no horde on my realm so the AH is very bad so i have to get enchants from my guildies and we only have a few. Working on my professions to get them both to 600 but its hard to get mats to lvl bc of the AH. For my talents I had been doing alittle pvp so the 70% reduction from duration effects helps while healing. As for scared shield i dont like it bc you can just put it on the tank, where eternal flame i can get 4-5 ppl with the HoT and then with the beaon on the tank it healing i think 50%? of that so i feel like its doing more healing with the eternal flame. I dont know if i worded that right lol. For my glyphs i had them geared towards challenge mode dungeons and after i used blinding light without the glyph if the mobs took dmg it broke. And thx for the tips ill be sure to get it up. Do you use Scared shield and Clemency as your talents when you raid?

thx Ashin and ill be transfering by this week. Abragale yea im trying to get heroic gear bc i got those ones from running scenarios. As for the enchants there are no horde on my realm so the AH is very bad so i have to get enchants from my guildies and we only have a few. Working on my professions to get them both to 600 but its hard to get mats to lvl bc of the AH. For my talents I had been doing alittle pvp so the 70% reduction from duration effects helps while healing. As for scared shield i dont like it bc you can just put it on the tank, where eternal flame i can get 4-5 ppl with the HoT and then with the beaon on the tank it healing i think 50%? of that so i feel like its doing more healing with the eternal flame. I dont know if i worded that right lol. For my glyphs i had them geared towards challenge mode dungeons and after i used blinding light without the glyph if the mobs took dmg it broke. And thx for the tips ill be sure to get it up. Do you use Scared shield and Clemency as your talents when you raid?

Yeah Stormreaver is probably pretty good to find previous expansion mats. To answer your question, I did use sacred shield for a little while, because it was just easy mode. But as you touched upon it doesnt compare to the hots/ mastery shields eternal flame brings to the table. I don't really like Clemency that much, hardly ever need to have two of any hands available back to back. Couldnt get much use out of it. I prefer Unbreakable Spirit myself, can get two lay on hands and 2 bubbles on most fights and have my divine protection up for almost every phase of heavy damage.