Bloodyhoof - Resto Shaman

Arktos

Character: Bloodyhoof

Realm: Llane

Spec: Restoration / Elemental

Armory: http://us.battle.net...dyhoof/advanced

WoL: http://www.worldoflo...hxuz949fiqxikw/

http://www.worldoflo...cjtoa4ynltj3ex/

Computer Specs - i5 2500k Oced 4.5ghz, 16GB RAM, 128GB crucial m4 SSD, 560ti card

UI Screenshot:

Ele UI

eleui.jpg

Resto UI

restoui.jpg

Raiding/Guild History

Started playing wow midway through bc on US crushridge. Joined a guild called Resurrected and we downed all bc content up through tempest keep then guild fell apart. Joined Township rebellion started out as a bench player for most of black temple but got a fulltime raid position for sunwell plateau. We cleared KJ three weeks before wrath went live. Throughout wrath the guild did quite well clearing all hms/heroics up through ICC til we got to heroic LK and the guild ran into filling raid spots and that eventually killed the guild and most of the officers/raiders either quit the game for good or went to other guilds. Those who stayed formed a 10man guild to finish off lich king on heroic then I logged off and never logged back on due to being burned out. I came back to wow one week before MOP.

I found out crushridge was dead for raiding found a new guild on llane called Monolith. I transferred there and we got 6/6h MV, 2/6h hof, and 4/4 terrace with hardmode protectors. This guild was 8years and running then randomly 2 weeks ago the husband/wife duo, who created the guild, decided they were done raiding.Those who didn't transfer off the server created a guild called fully torqued, but I'm not seeing any raiding time because we have 5 healers and 3 of those are officers and I'm not one of those, so I need to find myself a new raiding home.

Stat Priority

My stat priority is Spirit/Int > haste to 1st break point > Crit > Mastery. Getting as much spirit/intel is pretty self explanatory. Right now I just hitting the 1st haste soft cap of 871 because its very buggy for the 3764 haste for hst/htt to get the extra tick. You also have to factor in your latency. If you have high latency your not going to get the extra tick so it is a waste right now until blizz fixes it. I have not heard of this being fixed yet.

I'm stacking more crit while trying to leave my mastery around 50%. The reason for this is crit provides both throughput/mana return while mastery is just throughput. I've tried going full mastery build and honestly I did not notice much difference but for being more mana deprived.

For gemming I first look to get the item bonus on the piece of gear. I also look to get spirit on everything. So for red socket I go int/spirit. For Yellow I go crit/spirit. For blue I go for just spirit.

Talents

For most part I keep my same talents for most fights. I may change few talents depending on what raid comp we have for that night for a specific encounter.

15 - astral shift

30 - earthgrab totem

45 - totemic restoration

60 - ancestral swiftness

75 - healing tide totem

90 - primal elementalist

Glyphs

My glyph setup for normal modes don't really change totemic recall/riptide/healing wave. I swap out 3rd glyph depending which heroic we do that we know

how to kill. Then on new heroics I experiment.

I usually use swg on heroic bladelord for last phase.

I use healing wave on heroic garalon/heroic spiritbinder/emperor

I use hst on heroic stone guardians/feng/sometimes elegon

I use telluric currents on heroic 4 kings and sometimes elegon

What I bring to a guild

I'm competitive. I want to be the best. I will pull my own weight in the guild. The thing that really pisses me off in a raid is when someone doesn't give 100% and wants to waste 24 other peoples time. If you don't want to raid then imho get the fuck out. I'm always prepared with flasks/foods/potions. I'm rarely ever late. If I am to be late I will let officers know ahead of time.

I don't care about loot. My philosophy on loot is give it to those that will better the guild. If your raiding just for the loot then your not raiding the right way.

What I expect in a guild

I expect the same of what people should expect out of me. Accountability. A guild that wants to down all content while its still current. Especially with a light raiding schedule, I want a guild that is focused and gives 100% while still having fun. This is still a game. If you don't want to have fun then whats the point of playing a game. If this is what this guild is like then I'd be glad to join.

About Me

I'm 27, I work in IT at a construction company. I'm a gamer for life and I love sports. I have a very laid back personality.

The games I'm currently playing LoL/wow. Games I have installed hon/dota2/d3/swtor/gw2/wow/LoL/sc2

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My hobbies are playing/watching sports and gaming. What caught my eye about guild is how long its been together. Even though my last guild was together for 8 years then randomly broke up. Wanting to find a stable raiding home that isn't going to collapse because of lack of leadership or a bad month of raiding is very important to me.

I added comp specs above.

Side question --------

Have you guys ever thought about putting together a recruitment template?

Welcome Hoof and thanks for the app.

We prefer not to use a template. If I give everyone a fill-in-the-blanks form, then everyone will fill in those blanks and that is all I'll see. I believe that I learn a lot more by going freestyle. I see what you choose to say or not say, how much thought you put into your app, and so on.

I'll ask a few basic questions and our healers will likely drill you on class-specific matters a little later today.

First, what got you burnt out at the end of ICC, and what do you need to do to avoid having that happen again? Would hate to invest in you and then have you uninstall the game next raid tier. ;)

Second, I want to clarify that we are recruiting for a core spot and not the bench. But I wasn't sure why having five healers in your current guild meant that you could never raid. We generally default to six, and if we want to go to five we just have one of our healers use their DPS spec. Our goal right now is to have a 26 man roster, with a few backup/standy raiders. So, if you join you will be raiding most weeks, but every few months you may be asked to sit as part of our rotation. Is this going to be a problem for you?

First, what got you burnt out at the end of ICC, and what do you need to do to avoid having that happen again? Would hate to invest in you and then have you uninstall the game next raid tier. ;)

Second, I want to clarify that we are recruiting for a core spot and not the bench. But I wasn't sure why having five healers in your current guild meant that you could never raid. We generally default to six, and if we want to go to five we just have one of our healers use their DPS spec. Our goal right now is to have a 26 man roster, with a few backup/standy raiders. So, if you join you will be raiding most weeks, but every few months you may be asked to sit as part of our rotation. Is this going to be a problem for you?

Basically in wrath what burned me and many others out in the guild I was in was that we had to keep replacing and finding new people. When you lose 6-8 good raiders then having to replace them with whatever you can find on the server hurt the guild immensely. When regularly we 1 shot every boss up to heroic lk every night then we start wiping multiple nights to heroic lady deathwhisper/heroic putricide, as example, puts a lot of stress on the regular raiders because we couldn't find quality recruits. And when you go through 5-6 weeks of this and not hitting our goal to kill 25man heroic lk burned most of us out. I found out a lot of the old raiders in this guild took cata off or quit wow entirely.

The 5 healers in the guild was for a 10man not 25man. And I was only with the guild for bout 2-3 months so I was still the new guy. And everyone else in the current guild I'm in been together for years so I got the short end of the stick.

And for sitting on certain fights to have others raid etc. I'm fine with that. Thats how the 25man guild monolith I was in did it. Depending on what fight we had and who we had available we'd pick the best lineup. For farm content those who didn't need gear we had trials come in to see how they would do.

Edited by bloodyhoof

Welcome to the forums!

A few serious questions for you. Play any instruments Optimistic or pessimistic? Any foreign languages? Would you like random drunk or sober adventures into other games, such as planetside 2, diablo 3, or starcraft 2? We tend to have a lot of social events, would you participate in said events? How do you feel about animation in movies? What's your favorite movie? Music?

Hi Bloodyhoof,

Thanks for a pretty thorough write-up! Some questions for you...

I see Windshear, Grounding, Hex, Magma, and Searing on your bars. When do you use them? When, if ever, do you use Purge, Bind Elemental, and Capacitor, which aren't on your bars?

Right now I just hitting the 1st haste soft cap of 871 because its very buggy for the 3764 haste for hst/htt to get the extra tick.

What are your thoughts on the non-AS HR and Earthliving breakpoints?

For most part I keep my same talents for most fights. I may change few talents depending on what raid comp we have for that night for a specific encounter.

15 - astral shift

30 - earthgrab totem

45 - totemic restoration

60 - ancestral swiftness

75 - healing tide totem

90 - primal elementalist

Can you explain when you would use Stone Bulwark vs Astral Shift, Earthgrab vs Windwalk, and Primal Elementalist vs Unleash Fury? Which level 45 and 60 talents do you use on which fights, and why?

My glyph setup for normal modes don't really change totemic recall/riptide/healing wave. I swap out 3rd glyph depending which heroic we do that we know how to kill. Then on new heroics I experiment.

I usually use swg on heroic bladelord for last phase.

I use healing wave on heroic garalon/heroic spiritbinder/emperor

I use hst on heroic stone guardians/feng/sometimes elegon

I use telluric currents on heroic 4 kings and sometimes elegon

Why are Totemic Recall and RT inviolate for you? There are several fights you don't mention where TC could return more mana than Totemic Recall: Vizier, Blade Lord, and Protectors, for example. Why would you glyph HST on Elegon when all the damage is either physical or Arcane? Why wouldn't you glyph it on Will or Garalon? Can you describe some the heroic experiments you mentioned?

Now, regarding your logs -

On Will, you didn't cast CH at all - why? It looks like you're sharing tank-healing responsibility with one of the pallies - is this why your HR healing is low? HR is low on Garalon as well - thoughts?

On Blade Lord, you only used SLT and Ascendance once each. Where are you using them, and why aren't you using them more? On Tsulong, you didn't use SLT at all - why?

Overall, you're under-using your elementals. Will is more than long enough to use each twice, but you only used your fire elemental once. On Blade Lord, you used your earth elemental twice, but didn't use your fire elemental at all - why? Even if you don't need Empower, you can send him to dps the boss. Similarly, on Protectors, you didn't use your fire elemental at all.

Thanks, and good luck with your app!

Hi Bloodyhoof,

Thanks for a pretty thorough write-up! Some questions for you...

I see Windshear, Grounding, Hex, Magma, and Searing on your bars. When do you use them? When, if ever, do you use Purge, Bind Elemental, and Capacitor, which aren't on your bars?

They are on my bar not shown. Depending which assignment I get for windlord I'll be using wind shear to interrupt or purge to dispel the haste buff. Also use purge to help dispel the shield of darkness off zian. I rarely use magma/searing/hex/bind elemental. If I don't get mced I try to use capacitor totem on mc people on vizier fight.

What are your thoughts on the non-AS HR and Earthliving breakpoints?

I don't see it a good option since unbuffed hr/el be 4242/5316

Can you explain when you would use Stone Bulwark vs Astral Shift, Earthgrab vs Windwalk, and Primal Elementalist vs Unleash Fury? Which level 45 and 60 talents do you use on which fights, and why?

I think its personal preference when it comes to the lower tier talents. Stone bulwark can be useful for bladelord/emperess/garalon or any fight that has aoe raid dmg during parts of the fight. Astral shift can be used in the fights I mentioned just in a different way. For bladlord popping it if you have blade tempest and your not topped off while unseen strike is coming. Emperess using it when you have cry of terror debuff while u go into the dissonance field. garalon if your running the pheromones and crush is coming and your not topped off or just using it when a crush is coming.

Earthgrab vs windwalk is a pointless debate imho. There is no fight that I've come across where the entire raid gets slowed where windwalk would be good to use. Ive used earthgrab couple times when its called out during elegon if we dont' have enh shaman to keep the adds grouped up and not to let any stray away. If your trying to beat the enrage timer on heroic emp using earthgrab to slow/kite adds works well too but there are better alternatives from other classes used. So the lvl 30 talents are pointless.

PE vs UF. PE is better imo because of the extra 10% healing you get with 2 elementals and if fights are long enough you have option to at least get another use out of the 1st ele you cast. so thast 2-3min extra 10% healing for all spells/totems. UF is better tsulong for day phase. UF would be the better option if it worked like UE and not just the initial heal/tick for hr/rt

I don't change my lvl 45/60 talents really at all. I've never used totemic projection. I can only see that being useful for throwing slt out and that sounds very clunky mechanic to me you could lose couple seconds on your slt. For most part slt is used when large amount of people are grouped up and something like a garalon crush/bladelord unseen strike/feng arcane velocity/vizier force and verve as examples happen. I can see EM being the better talent in 5.2 if they don't change it and keep it at 1min cd. Then I'd have to reforge/gem make up the diff so I don't lose the haste soft cap. But for right now AS is the preferred choice with the 5% haste and the instant heal.

Why are Totemic Recall and RT inviolate for you? There are several fights you don't mention where TC could return more mana than Totemic Recall: Vizier, Blade Lord, and Protectors, for example. Why would you glyph HST on Elegon when all the damage is either physical or Arcane? Why wouldn't you glyph it on Will or Garalon? Can you describe some the heroic experiments you mentioned?

Its personal preference again. I don't see how TC will ever return more mana than totemic recall because its simple math. Your goign to have to use 3 gcd to get 18k mana back while u only have to do 1 gcd to recall hst when its at 1sec and get 14100 mana back. When I use TC its for when I know there will be times where little to no raid/tank dmg happen and the mana return on TC is just a +. Your 100% correct on the hst on elegon I wrote this thing late last night and I'm sure I made few errors.

Now, regarding your logs -

On Will, you didn't cast CH at all - why? It looks like you're sharing tank-healing responsibility with one of the pallies - is this why your HR healing is low? HR is low on Garalon as well - thoughts?

You are correct I did share responsbility as part tank healer. I didn't chain heal because I thought it be a bit more overheal. For the way we did it keeping hr down as much as possible worked fine. I have no real excuse on why I was low that night. I didnt' have a great night and I'll admit to it.

On Blade Lord, you only used SLT and Ascendance once each. Where are you using them, and why aren't you using them more? On Tsulong, you didn't use SLT at all - why?

The way raid cds worked for the guild. We werent' suppose to use them unless called out by raid leader. Some nights were good and others weren't. Usually on bladelord the shamans rotated slt on unseen strike. Then again using it on the last phase one at each end of the platform. Same thing for ascendance use it after unseen strike to top up raid then again on the last phase.

Overall, you're under-using your elementals. Will is more than long enough to use each twice, but you only used your fire elemental once. On Blade Lord, you used your earth elemental twice, but didn't use your fire elemental at all - why? Even if you don't need Empower, you can send him to dps the boss. Similarly, on Protectors, you didn't use your fire elemental at all.

Thanks, and good luck with your app!

Thats something I need to work on. I whole heartedly admit I need work on using my elementals better. For most part I'm good on remembering to use my earth ele but some reason I'm terrible at using my fire ele. Again I have no excuse. It's something I need to work on. I don't pretend that I'm the god of all healing. I make mistakes. Just gotta learn from them.