Rðb - DPS Warrior (social/backup raider app)

trebor_eht

Hello all,

Objective: To immerse myself in the guild environment, rejoin my friend Kemono, and meet/befriend new people. Eventual intention to apply for raider status.

Personal

I'm 26, my name is Rob, and I've been playing WoW for over 6 years. I'm married to a wow geek, have 2 boys which are 4 and 5, I'm an Iraqi combat vet from the U.S. Army and I'm currently a mechanical inspection group leader for a medical device manufacturer. I'm a proud Masshole living northwest of Boston right on the NH/MA border and enjoy a pleasant 40-50ms ping on chicago servers.

Raiding Background:

- In BC i tanked everything from Kara to Felmyst in SWP.

- In WotLK I cleared the first tier normal content. (didn't stick around for 3 drakes, etc.) I quit for a few months because of the birth of my second son. I cleared the rest of this expansion as Shaman and almost achieved gladiator status in s7 as Resto/Ele. I am a current content "Light of Dawn" and am very proud of this achievement.

- In Cata I main changed to Feral kitty, but ended up dropping that and coming back as my enhancement shaman late in the tier. I never completed all the fights heroic in this tier unfortunately, but cleared all of FL and DS. My frustration with enhance shaman dps resurfaced and finally returned to my warrior. I cleared the rest of DS on my warrior. I cleared 25m H spine the last week of the 10% nerf, then cleared madness the first week of the 15% nerf.

- In MoP I cleared MV normal. The week after HoF my wife decided to quit wow, and i followed suit to prevent family drama.

Closing:

I've always been a hard working and dedicated person. I do the research on my class, perform in raid environments at an above average level, and follow instructions. I'm pretty easy to get along with, enjoy the company of friends, and am willing to help people if my schedule permits me to. I am not currently geared for your content, and do not plan on requesting a raid slot until i am 100% certain i can maintain flawless attendance to your raid times and carry my own weight in your roster. I'm focusing on just entering your guild as a social member for now until i am up to par.

I'm including all this information because i'd like you to be aware that i'm an exceptional player and i'm strongly considering applying for a raid slot when one opens up. If you'd like me to reapply for raider status when/if the time is appropriate, i'm more than willing to do that.

Links:

Armory link: http://us.battle.net...ar/rðb/advanced

Here's the most recent screenshot I could find of my warrior, didn't save many with my UI showing. I'm in the process of re-downloading the client otherwise i would take one now.

http://i.imgur.com/hexm2dH.jpg

Here are some epeenbot links from my raiding history in cata/DS/MoP:

http://raidbots.com/...windrunner/røb/

http://raidbots.com/...ning blade/røb/

http://raidbots.com/...ning blade/rðb/

http://raidbots.com/.../us/eredar/rðb/

For added fun, i give you the audio recording of us killing Heroic Lich King 25m:

LIke Rob stated he and I are buddy that raided In Cataclysm together and met in real life a few times. I would highly recommend Rob as he is one of the most prepare raiders I've ever raided with, from knowing his class inside/out to how to best approach a fight to maximize dps without dying. Before Rob made this post I did give him the heads up that we weren't actively recruiting anymore melee, but I encourage him to apply as an social/backup with future intention of applying for a raider spot when or if a spot opened up. In closing I think rob would be a great addition to our guild, just don't be fooled by his korny jokes as he stole all them for pass raid members.

Edited by Kem

Hi Rob,

Just to clarify our raiding situation further, right now we are melee-heavy and have two dps warriors already. They both perform well. In the event that a melee slot opens in the future, we would likely seek to add a DK or Ret into the mix rather than a third warrior. I mention this because I want you to be aware that a full time raid slot with our team is rather unlikely in the near future. Of course, things can change, and this roster always does. But a common theme throughout the expansion so far is that we've had tons of rogues (we have three of these), warriors and warlocks (annnd three of these) interested in our team.

If you are on board with this I of course have no objection to considering you for a social / backup role, particularly if you'd be interested in helping with our super-casual alt runs on Sundays.

If the stars were to align and a spot for a dps warrior opens up, I would definitely need to drill down further on the reasons you quit. The way your post is worded, it seems as if your wife would be the one determining whether or not you could reliably raid with us. I don't mean this in a nosey or insulting fashion, and would never ask you to cause domestic drama over us. But if raiding with us has potential to cause domestic drama for you, as apparently it did, then it becomes a topic I need to consider before I can responsibly invite you aboard.

Thank you.

Thanks for the response Ashin. I'm presently looking at my different options and applying around. I'll keep you posted if i make the decision to come over as just social/backup.

FTR: i quit back in October not just because my wife quit the game, but because we were going through a lot of issues IRL which we've worked out since. There would be no IRL drama caused by myself raiding with you, or any other guild.

Thanks,

Rob