Pandae 516 Boomkin Druid.

Pandae

HotW is better on every single encounter in ToT with the possible outside exception of normal Jin'rokh and normal Primordius (and even there...it depends). The 6% buff from HotW is the huge part of it, not so much the on-use portion. When I use HotW in fights, it'll be to buff Tranquility or otherwise provide off-healing, though the thought of doing some cat DPS or throw a taunt in a big crunch is compelling as well. 6% intellect, though, is substantially better than a 10% damage buff lasting 30 seconds every 1.5 minutes (unless there is some other damage amplifying mechanic that lines up well with the CD and the fight is not over 7 minutes or so). This is the type of information that is very well-established and prevalent on any boomkin forum/guide. HotW > NV in nearly all situations.

There's really no reason to not use Barkskin whenever there is any amount of damage going out, so long as you'll have it available for when even bigger damage will go out. On a fight like Megaera, for instance, there isn't a valid reason to not use it every time the raid stacks in between heads.

And while the uptimes on Iron Qon will not be ideal (95%+), looking at other boomkin logs, they should be well above 85%.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im 19 years old, Im studying Industrial Engineering. I have raided with school in the past, midterms have already past, and its just finals left. I might need to take one night off, but usually im pretty good about preparing. Im in a fraternity and a couple clubs b/c i like to keep myself busy. Basically the only reason i play wow is that nothing really goes on TWTh at night for me. Soooo yah :D

Im and Engineer I dont write papers :D ; as you can tell from my awesome grammar.

<3 Fulgshift ; i tested out HoTW, great results , http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Throne_of_Thunder/Primordius/25N/Balance_Druid/

Your turn buddy :D

Im 19 years old, Im studying Industrial Engineering. I have raided with school in the past, midterms have already past, and its just finals left. I might need to take one night off, but usually im pretty good about preparing. Im in a fraternity and a couple clubs b/c i like to keep myself busy. Basically the only reason i play wow is that nothing really goes on TWTh at night for me. Soooo yah :D

Im and Engineer I dont write papers :D ; as you can tell from my awesome grammar.

<3 Fulgshift ; i tested out HoTW, great results , http://www.worldoflo.../Balance_Druid/

Your turn buddy :D

Industrial engineering is fun!

Grats on the ranking. Hope you weren't tunneling or standing in bad. ;)

19 is pretty young for us - mostly we're in the 25-35 range and expect a lot in terms of maturity. Thoughts?

All these clubs and fratboy things - schedule conflicts with raids?

I have no schedule conflicts with raids.

I know its merely implied, but Ill say it anyway, if for any reason that I cannot attend raid (which should happen) , Ill just shoot you guys a text or post on a forum that I will be absent before the raid happens.

The policy of maturity, I hope you guys don't get this mixed up with a sense of humor (because there is a fine line). I try and stay as mature as possible during raids. I know its very important to stay on track during progression days. I've Raided Heroically before and I understand there are times where it is very serious, however I still play WoW for the game and the community, and If i dont enjoy it then why play?

Part of the joy of WoW is being able to progress as a group and make friendships ...etc And Im sure a lot of you are probly more mature than me. Ive talked to Tinymanz and asked him how you guys raid, and he said it was different than what I am used too. I can adjust my attitude during raids in order to achieve the best results for the raid itself.