GW2 Intro- Prothalas

Prothalas

And Well first off I didn't realize killing ambient creatures was a daily... But I do now and will have to get back to you on that.

Also for the Ambient creature thing. I didn't know it was a daily either. I just love killing those little guys to see high numbers and make myself feel good.

Before everyone starts terrorizing every Little Bunny Foo Foo, check the Daily Achievements list first. It's one of the dailies that rotates through a schedule.

Unless you're on a mission to avenge all the poor mice that got bopped on the head. In that case, carry on.  :)

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, interesting! How do you feel about Wacom tablets? Not in the same league as Cintiq and Yinova? I have a Wacom, but I suspect if I ever get serious about artwork with a tablet, I'd have to look at the more advanced ones. 

How big are the canvases you generally use? Any large pieces? When you're feeling up to it, it'd be awesome to see your work (but no pressure!). ^.^

Well actually Wacom actually has some really great tablets. Like the Intuos series.

Matter of fact Wacom and Cintiq had completely taken over the professional industry until recently. Yinova has only been a recent competitor and they've been holding their own against the pricier tablet monitors like Cintiq pretty well ( And considering the cintiqs are huge heavy behemoths, I'd say the Yinova has the upper hand in portability).

And it depends. Are you using a Bamboo tablet? If so I might consider upgrading to something slightly more sophisticated. To some people, things like pen pressure sensitivity matter a great deal. To some, not so much; so a bamboo would be just fine.

I first learned this from my teacher, and it holds true. Better materials will not make you a better artist. If you ever decide to work on your graphic art more seriously, go for it! That tablet you're using now should work just fine. The only time you should upgrade, is, if you feel that your current equipment is holding you back. Otherwise, draw and paint away!

As for my painting materials; I'm currently working with 14''x18'' canvas panels. Good canvases are like $10 each! Instead I'll usually buy a stack of 5 for the same price. (The art supply store Blick is my one and only true love)

And if you guys want to see some of my oil work, sure! It's kind of boring though in terms of that I'd like to be doing with my painting time haha. Since I'm studying painting, most of them consist of things like still lives and stuff along those lines. 

I'm working on a Pomegranate still life at the moment, would you maybe like to see that?

After I take my acquired knowledge of color and light, I'll apply it to my concept sketches which I'm sad to say are tucked away in my sketchbook dying to be used.

In the next few months though, I'm definitely planning on bringing some of them to life!

I had a good time showing you around world bosses. Didn't even realize you were a new recruit. I just joined recently as well.

Also for the Ambient creature thing. I didn't know it was a daily either. I just love killing those little guys to see high numbers and make myself feel good.

You played GW1? I did too, I was part of the Beta for it. Loved it ever since. I miss my characters from back in the day :( so many hours spent.

It was fun man!

I just hit 10,000 damage on a critter today and I felt pretty good about myself.

And yeah, I loved the first one. I was so used to working solo with my own team of heroes and henchmen, that when I started 2 I got a reality check and realized I needed to learn to work as a team to get stuff out the way. Looking forward to partying with you again!

I'm ready for round 2 whenever you are! I know the perfect spot!  (and maybe we won't die this time!) :D

I'm so game.   Just say the word and we'll momentarily soar through the skies!