GW2 Intro- Prothalas

Prothalas

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to have you, Daniel! And best of luck creating a wonderfully imaginative world for kids. That's important work.

I'm curious about some of your in-game specs. Are you an alt-oholic or have you found the one? Do you prefer dungeons or dragons? Do you strike fear into the hearts of dolyaks or do players scramble to defend their keeps when you are in WvW?

And a character defining question: when killing ambient creatures for the daily, which small critter do you take the most joy in stomping?

And a character defining question: when killing ambient creatures for the daily, which small critter do you take the most joy in stomping?

This is kind of an un-fair and biased question, what if he takes great pleasure and seeing how many he can kill with a single skill regardless of what kind they?

Hi everyone! Such a warm welcome :)

Grieve: I was refering to the online version. However I've ALWAYS wanted to play the p&p version. My school had a club but it mostly consisted of people who were trying to be "different" but had no idea what they were doing. If the opportunity ever presents itself, I'm jumping on it.

Makiko:  For my intricate stuff I'll usually work with glazing in oils ( Not too good at Alla Prima, I like to get too detailed and I cant do that by painting in single sitting.)

I don't have a tablet at the moment, so I'd be stuck painting everything out on the computer with a mouse, hehe. (It's funny, I do all my oil painting with my left hand and all my digital work with my right. My left hand is good for many things and I guess using a mouse isnt one of them.) 

For my graphic design work however, I use Photoshop and Illustrator I've been working with my dad to save up for a Yinova Tablet. It's like a Cintiq, for a quarter of the price!!!!!!!!!

That's my next step on my STAIRWAY TO TAKE OVER THE GAME AND ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.    HA HA HA 

TooBz: Yeah I had fun man! Sad to say I wasn't at my best. I can't wait to hit 80 and wreak elemental havoc.

Dililah: Not quite yet! I'm super critical about my work. I'm fresh out of highschool and I'm still learning, and perfecting my craft. Currently I work in oils ( I want to learn working with colors and with realism the old fashioned way first . You wouldn't believe how much 2 years of intensive study will teach you) In the next coming months however I may throw a few digital paintings together and show you guys a little of what goes on in my head, lately I've just been racking up ideas and inspiration in my little travel sketchbook. I'm holding off on digital because putting together a coherent piece is so much less complicated and faster that. I fear once I begin, you may never hear from me again. for I will be huddled in a corner of the house dishing out painting after painting after painting haha ^^

Huntyre: I will most definitely speak with him! Thank you for the heads up!

Jack:  Thanks man!  I've actually played Guildwars since I was a little boy. Imagine an 8 year old Elementalist, reaching end game in starting armor because he  had no idea how to craft . Yeah still don't know how I pulled that off. 

Watching the loading screens with the beautiful art was what first inspired me to pursue it professionally, and one day Im going to do just that for someone else.

Secondly:  I've always had a special place in my heart for Elementalist, but occassionally I'll throw a fit and be like ( F@!$_)! THIS SQUISHY MOTH!#$*% CANT EVEN TAKE A DOLYAK PIECE OF CR!#$  ) Then go off and play a warrior or something for a day then come crawling back haha.

And Well first off I didn't realize killing ambient creatures was a daily... But I do now and will have to get back to you on that.

.  But I gotta say when it comes to messing with them I do love going into large crowds and using Updraft. 

Who doesn't love interrupting, and knocking over a dozen helpless creatures. Its hilarious.   When it comes to actually defeating them however, You gotta be flashy with it.

I love using Ride the Lighting into large crowds (and off high very places. Lindels will vouch for that, if I do recall we landed side by side.)

If I missed anyone Im sorry  ^^"  theres2muchluv going on right now

Edited by Prothalas

I had a good time showing you around world bosses. Didn't even realize you were a new recruit. I just joined recently as well.

Also for the Ambient creature thing. I didn't know it was a daily either. I just love killing those little guys to see high numbers and make myself feel good.

You played GW1? I did too, I was part of the Beta for it. Loved it ever since. I miss my characters from back in the day :( so many hours spent.

Makiko:  For my intricate stuff I'll usually work with glazing in oils ( Not too good at Alla Prima, I like to get too detailed and I cant do that by painting in single sitting.)

I don't have a tablet at the moment, so I'd be stuck painting everything out on the computer with a mouse, hehe. (It's funny, I do all my oil painting with my left hand and all my digital work with my right. My left hand is good for many things and I guess using a mouse isnt one of them.) 

For my graphic design work however, I use Photoshop and Illustrator I've been working with my dad to save up for a Yinova Tablet. It's like a Cintiq, for a quarter of the price!!!!!!!!!

That's my next step on my STAIRWAY TO TAKE OVER THE GAME AND ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.    HA HA HA 

Wow, interesting! How do you feel about Wacom tablets? Not in the same league as Cintiq and Yinova? I have a Wacom, but I suspect if I ever get serious about artwork with a tablet, I'd have to look at the more advanced ones. 

How big are the canvases you generally use? Any large pieces? When you're feeling up to it, it'd be awesome to see your work (but no pressure!). ^.^