GW2 Intro Griff

Griff

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Griff, glad to finally see your app. I hope we're your forever home.

What did you do in the Army? I'm active duty MI out of Fort Meade.

I was 19D and 97E. Oddly enough I spent most of my career in MI. 42 weeks at DLI in Monterey for language course, another 6 months at Ft. Huachuca for AIT, then perm party at FT. Ord before it was closed, Ft. Carson, Ft. Drum, and even Meade for a short stay. Fun times, and appreciate your service, brother.

Welcome.  Finally someone else who played Asheron's Call, that is where I 'cut my teeth' also.

I actually go back as far as Heroes of Might and Magic III. While it wasn't a MMO, it was my first organized online gaming experience. The "guild concept" started with me in online ladder matches. With the release of AC, I was hooked. After AC I moved on to Ultima Online. Beck, who you guys will be meeting soon, and I stayed there for a very long time before we gave GW a shot. We really weren't expecting much as we were just playing until Vanguard launched, but we ended up loving it, staying with it, and eventually established one of the top NA guilds in the game. If interested you can google GW Phoenix Inquisition (NiX). After GW we bounced around a few games such as Warhammer Online and City of Heroes, but nothing really ever stuck. So, while  waited for GW2 I kept myself busy with Civilizations and Medieval 2 Total War (amazing game!) and the many mods for it.

Ah, Asheron's Call was my first MMO too. I'm told there's still an active server running. Alas, I hung up my mattekar robe a long time ago :p

Welcome to [soH]!

It has been years since I played. Remember farming around Teth, grinding for shadow armor, and members of the guild getting their Atlan weapon being a right of passage. Still remember my first pair of dillo leggings.... lol