[EVE] Lelden Praxis

Lelden

Hello SOHCO. I was chatting with my friend Caldari Joans a few weeks ago when he said he was looking for a new corp he wanted to join. He ended up here and told me he liked it, so here I am.

I've done a bit of everything in EVE, from high sec, to Fac warfare, to living in a worm hole, to station trading, to nullsec. I enjoy the immense sandbox that is EVE and the fact that there is so much to do with it.

I have a wife and 3 young kids, so can't exactly be on 24/7. My wife also plays computer games (I'm trying to get her to come back to EVE, but it looks like a long shot right now). During the day I am a science teacher, pretending I know how to deal with high schoolers and how to teach them.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys and flying with you all.

Lelden

Lelden, CJ warned us about you - I mean, said nice things about you...

I can empathize with your work-family-gaming balance. I've got 4 kids myself and if I'm not careful most of my interaction with them is 'Daddy, what are you doing in your boring space game?' I've also thought about teaching after I retire from the Army, but I've always said I'll do middle school or college because teenagers are the worst.

Random questions!

What are some of your favorite PC games aside from EVE?

What's your favorite element on the period table?

What's your favorite ship in EVE and why?

Hi Lelden! Thanks for the intro. Although I said I would do the API check tonight, I went shopping in Amarr and headed out for food and drink instead. We'll get you sorted out tomorrow.

In the meantime, any dirt you can share on your friend CJ??

Hrm, dirt on CJ... Adeou if he joins up will be better to do that. The worst I can say is that he once lost two Golem's in the same month:

https://zkillboard.com/kill/47747090/

https://zkillboard.com/kill/48161947/

The crazy thing is that his KB was only barely red for that month - about 48% efficiency.

Also he's too nice to me when I mess up. Once my ship went all kablooey real fast and he just asked what went wrong (I think he lost a ship then too, because mine exploded so fast).. I realized that I had forgotten to turn on my hardners, and he just took it in stride.

Lelden, CJ warned us about you - I mean, said nice things about you...

I can empathize with your work-family-gaming balance. I've got 4 kids myself and if I'm not careful most of my interaction with them is 'Daddy, what are you doing in your boring space game?' I've also thought about teaching after I retire from the Army, but I've always said I'll do middle school or college because teenagers are the worst.

Random questions!

What are some of your favorite PC games aside from EVE?

What's your favorite element on the period table?

What's your favorite ship in EVE and why?

Well the good news is my two oldest do like computer games. They are 5 and 3. My 5 year old wanted to try mining in EVE and I set him up with a Venture. He lasted about 10 minutes. He also wanted to go blow things up, so I took him belt ratting in a Vexor. I went in an Ishtar. He didn't really kill much but I kept him alive. (He was on my wife's account.)

Favorite PC games - Most anything I can play with others (especially the wife :)). I've played WoW a lot as far as MMOs go. I do like RTS games, but my reflexes aren't up for Starcraft II multiplayer so while I have played the game and enjoy it, I suck at pvp with it. I've played a fair amount of League of Legends, but I haven't played in months. I also have too many games in my Steam account to know what to do with.

Favorite Element - Too many.. hrm. Cesium is cool because its how we tell time. Carbon just makes all the awesome molecules. I like Sodium because I can say "Sodium Sodium Sodium Sodium Sodium Sodium Sodium Sodium Batman!" and nerds know what I mean. (Also any element I can make a pun about is good in my book.)

Favorite Eve Ship - Also tough. I'm a Minmatar man, even though projectiles have been severely poor for most of the time I've played. (Hope it's not a problem... I assume not because you were in a hurricane roam. :)) I like anything really. Stiletto for tackle, Rapier/Huginn for support... but I think my favorite ship would be the Machariel. Not technically Minmatar, but the Angel Cartel are mostly from Minmatar.

Okay I got the batman joke.

The ships we fly most often currently include hurricanes, caracals, tengus and confessors.  There would be an expectation that you train toward flying a ship in each of those doctrines, although it doesn't necessary need to be the main DPS ship.  There are fits for logistics, ewar, heavy tackle, etc.

I sent you a mail this morning, but will also mention here in case you check forums first - thank you for the character API's, but I will need account API's.  You can mail them in game or PM me here.  Once that formality is out of the way I am happy to accept your corp applications. :)

Hi Lelden,

I should have updated your forum access before going AFK for a while.  I've taken care of that now.

Here's a new member orientation post, which will get you up to speed on comms, local geography, and expectations during your trial period (that begins right now!):

http://www.sohguild.com/index.php?/topic/17804-new-recruits-orientation/

Welcome aboard. :)