Disco out for a few days

discofire

Hey kids, just so you know I won't be in game for a week or so. I moved my computer desk and the wireless signal I was previously on is far too weak (yes, it is my router & A/P, I am not stealing from the neighbours =p) for me to game on at this point, as it now has to pass through 3 brick walls. So I won't be back on until I get a CAT-5 drop in that room...probably sometime next week.

I know you all will miss me, and I look forward to gifts upon my return!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A true gamer would just run CAT5 right along the floor and across rooms and hallways in order to receive an immediate short-term fix!

This was not appreciated by the significant other, or the dogs when I did it before...I assure you. Also, that would be a lot of cable - opposite ends of a house with a weird floorplan and lots of construction going on. I don't want some contractor tripping over it with a chisel, etc., in his hand resulting in a stabbed out eyeball and him suing me. =(

A true gamer would just run CAT5e right along the floor and across rooms and hallways in order to receive an immediate short-term fix!

True nerd would run CAT6, actually.

Also, fixed CAT5 to CAT5e. CAT5 is so 90's.

Troof, I think our new switch is a GB too...and while I like that idea that would mean re-wiring everything.