Code of Conduct

Ashin

All facts noted, signed, sealed, delivered.

However, it seems that somewhere, somehow one can buy in-game gold at a certain site and I want to know where. I have given it thought many times to purchase gold but never acted on such idle thinking because of fear that my account will be banned. :Confused: So where is the legal place to purchase the stuff (would not even call it by name). At the rate that I am collecting money in-game I will never be able to buy all them fancy stuff, armour, weapons that I see floating on other players which makes me green with envy. Well that is the story of my poor Aion Life...you never know maybe one day if I keep saving I be like all them 55ers in the Legion, like Eralyn.;)

Cheerio, Tantrumss

However, it seems that somewhere, somehow one can buy in-game gold at a certain site and I want to know where. I have given it thought many times to purchase gold but never acted on such idle thinking because of fear that my account will be banned. :Confused: So where is the legal place to purchase the stuff (would not even call it by name). At the rate that I am collecting money in-game I will never be able to buy all them fancy stuff, armour, weapons that I see floating on other players which makes me green with envy. Well that is the story of my poor Aion Life...you never know maybe one day if I keep saving I be like all them 55ers in the Legion, like Eralyn.;)

I'm going broke, and I'll talk with you ingame or in Aion forums aboutways to go about earning money ingame. The only legal in-game purchases with real-life money is via www.aiononline.com. Any third party purchases from kinah sellers is against the CoC and is bannable offense with NCSoft. Per CoC:

5. Fair play. The guild believes in abiding by the spirit of the game. The use of 3rd party software to "hack", "cheat" or "bot" is strictly prohibited (except for UI modifications permitted by the game's EULA, if any). Likewise, any abuse of bugs ("exploits") is forbidden. There is zero tolerance for cheating, and cheaters will be removed from the guild immediately. If you are unclear on whether something constitutes unfair play, PM an Officer, Chapter Lead or Founder.

This is kind of a complicated question, and Ery and Dar are both right.

1. As far as South of Heaven is concerned, we are 100% against professional gold sellers. We think they ruin the games we play, so we don't like them. We do not permit our members to buy gold. However, we have no objection to trades between two legit players. Suppose your friend says hey, I will give you 1,000,000 kinah if you buy me a pizza. That's okay. Or maybe he says pay me $20. That's okay. Or maybe he says hey give me 10,000 gold in WoW, and I will give you 100,000 kinah in Aion. That's okay. That website was designed to hook people up that wanted to make trades like that. If it is a trade between two REAL players - not gold farmers - the guild is neutral.

2. However, you need to also be aware of NCsoft's rules. NCsoft may not agree with SoH. They have tools for tracking big trades of kinah between players, and if they see you make a big trade, they might well ban you AND your friend. I don't think you want to take that risk.

So, my rules are that you can't buy from a professional gold seller. But my advice is that you don't even go down this road at all. Eryalin and Deco are very experienced in Aion and they can teach you how to get the upgrades you need without using these methods. Kinah is harder in Aion than in most games, but we all did it. You can farm the ingredients to make your own consumables, and you can farm mats to craft gear. You can also make money on the Auction House. You can sell certain crafted items or you can even just "play the market" - buy low and sell high. We did all these things and we got along just fine without any outside help.

You can do it to and you'll probably learn a lot more about the game that way.

You should note that you will probably never feel like you have kinah until you hit 55 and don't have to keep spending it. Some of the things Ashin said are true with gathering and making your own consumables, I know I save a ton of kinah being able to make pots on an alt to use rather than spending 100k on pots for every dredge run I make. Also most of the drops you will find while grinding won't sell for a ton until you get into Taloc's and some of the Elder gear comes your way. It is much easier to make kinah once you get over the level 50 hump, though leading up to it I can say a great source will be from selling coins, mostly gold and platinum given your level as they seem to run for 40-60k each.

It may seem slow, but soon once you're back in Brust you will find better drops to sell for more, it will get better, and if you are truly worried about gear you can also use those platinum coins for some decent stuff as well. Also gather aether, it always sells well, and quickly :)

I hadn't heard of a site that hooks up real people to trade currency, that's obviously not the same as gold sellers. Even though it is tempting, I still wouldn't do it personally because I'd worry about being banned, but I have no problem with people doing that - trading with other players, even if hooked up somewhere through a website.

• Fera unpinned this topic