<pokes SoH>

Ragnarok

Greetings!

So first! Some background information! I'm 21yr old Peruvian male, I'm currently residing in New York City, though its a beautiful city, long-term I'd like to go back to Peru. I love traveling, life is too short to stay in only one place! Gaming is a passion which I've been lucky enough to have the time to indulge in, regardless of how hectic my schedule is sometimes, I try to sneak in an hour or so and lax. I'm very open to meeting new people and making new friends so feel free to talk to me about anything.

Prior to Aion, I played Guild Wars passionately for four years before finally giving WoW a try w/ a Guild Wars friend. I fully immersed myself in the Ranger profession, finding myself very comfortable w/ their versatility and many utility abilities. I'm a team player, I love support classes and love grouping up with people. I've always been open to playing PvP, though I haven't had luck w/ like-minded people, my GW buddies had more of a PvE mindset, trying PvP only on rare occasions. So Aion seemed like a good choice for venturing into a more immersive PvP experience. Unfortunately, the friends I initially got to jump on the Aion bandwagon with me quit shortly after the game was released. Constant Bot Spam, long queue times and latency issues caused my two remaining friends to leave Aion as well and so two months after release I took an extended break from the game. Picked it up again mid-May after finding some old game screenshots, figured I'd try and see how our server was doing, maybe try out a new class and get an old GW buddy to play as well. Gave the Spiritmaster a shot, and completely fell in love with the class.

Anyhoo, so here I am reading through a couple of Massively's articles today during the server downtime for 1.9(yay!), and I came across Shawn Schusters article on his own playthrough experience in Aion. As I finished reading the article, I was reminded of my own first playthrough on my ranger and thought, what a lucky guy to have found such a tight knit legion like that during his first play through. During my first Fire Temple run today, I happen to meet Krystian and am suddenly reminded of the Massively article after seeing the legion name attached, one alt tab later and I'm shocked to find out that Shawn Schuster's "South of Heaven" was on the same server that I play on. I asked Krystian regarding how SoH does recruitment and he pointed me in this direction. You guys remind me a lot of my Guild Wars guild, and I've met many wonderful people through that guild experience. I'm hoping that it will be the same here, if you'll give me the chance to get to know you guys and vice versa.

IGN: Ragnarok

RLN: Ben

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there! That's a very nice introduction, and I daresay your English is much better than most Americans'. :D

At this time we are not recruiting Spiritmasters, and you are also quite low level. However we do sometimes make exceptions! Sanjel is a Chanter who is one such exception. My suggestion is that you try to connect with him in game, or Krystrian (Mordrid's alt). If our members continue to have great experiences with you, then we can see about sneaking you in. ;)

In the meantime I will set you up with "Friend" access so you can cruise the boards a bit. Cheers.

Shoulda stuck with ranger...we are way cooler..:lol:.

That was one of the best intro's I have see. Exponentially better than mine, I have little doubt. My IGN is Orian (50 Ranger), if you need help in FT or something, toss me a whisper. I have two alts that are your lvl.. a cleric and a chanter.