Fresh Meat!

Fera

OMG, a blank page! You folks are in a LOT of trouble! lol I'm the most verbose person I know in writing.

My name is Feramoan (Fera plz, also my nickname IRL).

I'm 46 and while I have been a loyal member/officer of first Corvus (on Triniel), which became Anomaly here on Israphel, my gaming style is no longer in sync with most of these young people. I'm unsure if the release of the expansion itself, or the highly intense nature of my current guild is what's burned me out; either way, it's become a fact, and my tenure in Aion may be very short indeed. We'll see.

I'm retired (taught Freshman Comp) and scratch a living on rental property. I have advanced degrees in Shakespeare and Linguistics, have called New Orleans, La. "home" for many years, but have also lived in Houston, Tx., Gatlinburg, Tn., and Statford-Upon-Avon, England. I enjoy cooking (esp. Italian and Cajun/Creole), loathe housework, adore my cat, and am a stained glass artist. Before landing in the teaching profession I taught ballroom dancing, was a hairdresser, sold radio advertising, and managed a newstand. I also have certifications in Gestalt psychotherapy and NLP. I think all of this gobbledy-gook contributes to me being a well-rounded, even-tempered person .... I've walked in so many different peoples' shoes, it's hard for me to find fault with others or their walk in life. When one has an open mind, more stuff can get in!

My other prominent MMO affiliation was Guild Wars (and yes, I'm drooling over the release of GW2). As both a guild and alliance leader there, I believe I had the same attitude as SoH overall. My recruitment was 'closed' in that we only ever invited people we knew and liked, i.e., friends, family members, people we enjoyed gaming with. That sort of "exclusivity" had an unexpected boomerang effect: I intended to keep our numbers small but ended up with a full guild and a waiting list of guilds that wished to join our alliance, lol. Unlike SoH, however, we were open to children (GWs has a lot of kid-friendly PvE content) and so mothers and fathers, aunts and uncles, even grandparents! could all play together with their families (age 8 was my youngest member!)

The nitty-gritty of it is this: I am currently at odds with Aion as an outlet for my gaming needs and something has to give. Leaving Anomaly to join SoH (if I'm accepted of course) may only be a salve. The constant, incessant vulns (lvl 55 cleric, full Fenris and full 40 elite ap gear), being called upon to camp and heal for daily PvE bosses raids (plz, give me a break huh?), the lack of "fun" replayable PvE content, and the high rank (pfft, 5-star officer and holding, which prevents me from any kind of PvP unless I transform ><) all add up to one very unhappy gamer.

I've got until Nov 23rd to decide if Aion is a keeper or if I'm giving it up for a while, or possibly for good. I completely understand if SoH is not interested in taking on a possible Aion-retiree, but even if you do not, I would still want to get to know you folks b/c the multi-gaming platform means possible associations in the future. I'm gonna send Huntyre my personal email so that we can keep in touch regardless of what happens here.

Thanx for your time!

Fera

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG, a blank page! You folks are in a LOT of trouble!

That is a wonderful introductory sentence! Of course the rest of your post was a treat to read as well.

I'm not currently in Aion but I suspect the crew will be happy to get to know you better. You would be our second stained glass artist, believe it or not!

Hello Fera,

I am happy to see you make your way to SoH forums. Though sorry to hear your plight with the game. I am guessing that is why I have not seen you to much in game lately. I know you as both a quality cleric, but one of the funner personalities I have had the pleasure to group with. Hope to see you in game soon.

Xoric