Retcon - Protection Paladin [WoW]

Retcon

I'm currently looking for a new guild, and noticed your thread in the official WoW forums with a medium demand for Protection paladin. I've played WoW off-and-on since classic, soon after Zul'Gurub was included in the game. I usually played with my friends or relatives, but recently they are no longer as active, so I am changing my focus to be more competitive, and therefore I am seeking a new guild.

Armory Link: Retcon

RealID: OmnitheWanderer @ Gmail . com (added spaces cause I'm paranoi... careful.)

Experience: At this time I have experience with most current fights but no current heroic modes. [Experience up to and including Atramedes, Elemental Monstrosity, Council of the Four Winds] I have completed [Glory of the Cataclysm Hero], and while I realize it is not a replacement for raid experience, I believe it is indicative of motivation and competence.

Most of my experience is as a tank, I also feel comfortable healing. I've been a tank since Burning Crusade and raided Karazhan extensively as an alliance feral druid. I had little experience with later raids, because at the time the guild I was a member of had only 10-12 active members. I raided with my current guild during WotlK, and defeated Lich King before Cataclysm. I have spent some time playing Warhammer Online in the past.

Style of Play: Most of the experience I get is with PuGs, so I feel my greatest adjustment would be changing some emphasis from survivability towards threat. Perhaps my weakness is low dps if I am not receiving damage, especially during content I am not familiar with. I pvp, but to me it's more convenient to use separate characters, so I do arenas and pvp on a feral druid. I spend time to familiarize myself with encounters I don't have experience with. I am prepared and reliable, having a mic and consumables seems obvious. I don't like to waste time, especially other people's time.

Past Guilds: I was in a pvp focused guild during classic, but I started playing with relatives and was in <Crimson Phoenix> on Stormreaver - Alliance during burning crusade. It was a guild that was comprised of friends and co-workers of one of my relatives, very social but not competitive, although we did farm Kara. I took time off from playing, but by Wotlk, the guild became less active, and so my relatives and I took the opportunity to transfer to horde. We joined <Task Force Horde> while leveling during WotLK and raided ICC. We remained there until now, although there are no longer enough active members to raid consistently. They are courteous and helpful, but there are few members who are prepared or interested in raiding.

Interest: I am attracted to this guild do the focus on 10 mans, the courteous and competent atmosphere, and the participation in both raiding and PVP. The emphasis on respect and good sportsmanship is a plus. I have a no-nonsense approach and I want to find people with the same attitude.