Hello - LF F&F Casual Invite TY :D

Xannie

Hello,

My toon "Lizza" (Goblin Shaman, currently Lvl 12) is new to Stormreaver realm and is looking to join South of Heaven as a casual "Friends & Family" member of Nyisha, a former Gilnean and guildie friend of mine. He has told me great things about your realm and always speaks very highly of your guild so I am looking to check it out and possibly level this new or transfer my Lvl 85 resto shammie over for Heroic Dragon Soul and MoP raiding. I would appreciate being a part of your guild as a casual member if you have room at this time.

I have been playing WoW since the Burning Crusade expansion was launched and have raided ever since that time. I have ~9 Level 85s (one 84 hunter just 2 bubbles away!), all Alliance on Gilneas, and have managed my own raiding guild there since 2008 as well as being the primary raid leader from Karazhan through Heroic DS progression. I am hoping to raid more DS heroics and do some serious progression in MoP so would be honored to be a casual member of your guild to get used to your server and your guild style to see if it may be a good fit for the long-term. I am known to be a very good healer on my shaman, druid, and priest, but have also dappled as caster/melee DPS and tank on other toons. I prefer healing and my melee DPS tends to be best, but can be called upon to fill in as light RDPS when needed. I live in California (-3 hours server) so I tend to raid mostly what is considered late nights, @1-4AM server. I can raid earlier/daytime hours for now, but will be going back to 9-5 work soon so will not be available during the daytime (up until 9 PM server) if so. I could be available earlier if not too many nights per week. I guess it will depend on what is available.

Please let me know if you have room for me?

Many thanks,

Lizza

Hello and thank you for stopping by! There are so many things in here - let me respond to a few of them. :)

First and foremost, as a friend of Nyisha you are welcomed to join our guild as a social member on any character you want. There would be no level or class requirement. However there would be a 'participation' requirement, meaning simply that we want no one to feel like a stranger here. Since social members don't usually raid with us, they sometimes need to go the extra mile in game or on the forums to introduce themselves and be involved with the guild where they can. So if it is a server alt that you only log in an hour or two per week, combined with no social presence on the forums, that doesn't work well for us. But if you show interest in the guild and are fun, that's all we ask from our socials.

Secondly there is sometimes the opportunity for social members to fill in as backups when we have absences on our raid team. However I cannot offer you a core slot as a resto shaman at this time, because those spots are all filled. So even if you are a very qualified resto shaman, for example, I would not give you a spot on the static roster until a spot opens. We don't have an internal competition for slots like you may have seen in other high end raiding guilds. This doesn't mean that you wouldn't be able to raid; just that you'd only be asked to raid when there is a vacancy.

Thirdly we do actually have an opening for a hunter on the raid team, but I am looking for very strong performance and solid experience from that player. So you would need to tell me whether you think you should apply for that slot or not.

Hope all of that made sense - please let me know if you have questions and/or where you'd like to go from here.

Cheers.

I would like to join the guild on Lizza, thank you. Please let me know when would be a good time for invite so I can leave my current guild.

I can manage the participation requirement; I put in many hours each week on many of my toons. I am also an experienced WoW player so I believe I can be an asset to any guild. I am looking for a place where people have fun and are good to each other.

It will be awhile until this toon is Lvl 85 and geared for heroic DS and MoP, but it should not be too hard to do. I know how to play my toon(s) so could be able to help out at some point, but I understand your current roster situation. My hunter is almost Lvl 85 but will need some work to be raid-worthy, but she is on Gilneas so I'd have to think about transferring her. It's a possibility I could consider, but definitely not ready at this time. My strongest toon is my shammie, so would prefer to raid as one. We'll see how it goes. :)

Oh you.

Yeah Ashin, she has a plethora of toons on the server I came from. I support her in this decision (and am pushing for it!) because Gilneas is a terrible server. Been trying to get her to come over for a long time. I believe she will be a fine fit for the guild - whether she just levels a new character or transfers a character!