GW2 - Murmaidyr

Murmaidyr

Hi, my name is Ingrid. I am 28 yrs old and I live in Sierra Vista, AZ. I am Steve’s (Overkill Overdrive) wife and here I am dropping my application. I’ve tagged along with other SOH members in WvW and dungeons and I’ve had a blast. Follow the blue Dorito!

I started playing on GW2 about a year ago and after checking out the different classes I finally settled on my Guardian, Murmaidyr. I am currently working on finishing my COF dungeon set and starting on my legendary (since I got the precursor randomly). Before GW2, I played WOW after my husband convinced me to try it. I did not think I would be into it, but amazingly I enjoyed playing. I told my husband that I would play with him as long as he did not tell anyone lol. Before WOW I only played first person shooter games like MW2, MW3, BO2. I grew up watching my brother play all different types of video games on the Nintendo, Genesis, and Super Nintendo. Some of my favorite games were Zelda, Doom, and F Zero.

I have been encouraged by both Nate (Tyrlis) and my husband to leave “that shitty little guild AEON” that I joined randomly after we transferred to Crystal Dessert. I look forward to joining South of Heaven and kicking some SBI and SOS ass.

Ingrid

P.S. Nate, you need to get another computer so that Jessica can play!

I'm really glad you and Steve started playing again, and I don't regret the immediate pressure I put on Steve to move you guys over to CD so can play with us. Looking at that comment I made about AEON out of context, I probably shouldn't have said it that way... but here are the results I was hoping for!

You'll find that SoH is a rare sort of guild - many of our members do not play an MMO if they can not play with other members of SoH, and a new 'Chapter' (if we decide to officially play a new game as a guild we call it a chapter) is an exciting blend of Veterans, current Members, and brand new recruits.

And lastly... we DO have another computer... but it freezes a lot in WvW. I'm likely going to suck it up for another few months before we go out and buy a new laptop to fix the problem. I still spend a decent amount of time trying to troubleshoot the laptop, it hasn't been freezing like this forever.

ROFL.. I love it. Welcome Ingrid. It's been nice having you along on our outings. :)

I'm about to pass out, but in the mean time I'll go ahead and set you up w/ Recruit status here on forums. Please take a moment to read the following:

• read and sign the Code of Conduct here
  • Mumble download and setup is here
  • GW2 Chapter new member orientation here

You may contact Feramoan, Huntyre or Tyrlis for an in-game invite whenever you're ready.