Wildstar Intro - Ivo

Ivo

Hey South of Heaven Peeps,

Started browsing websites and forums looking a guild to join when i ran into you guys and I gotta say you look like a great group of guys and gals.  About me, I'm 32, from Texas, the valley to be exact... and yes it is really hot down here.  I'm a laid back guy who enjoys Movies, games and TV.  From recently watching Godzilla and Xmen to watching Game of Thrones and Penny Dreadful.  I also enjoy 1 book a year... yes just one, author is Jim Butcher... i'm very picky of my books, but i've read all of J.K. Rowling to Stephen King and Anne Rice.  Besides that I just work, cuz i have to support my 3 vices previously listed. 

Been playing MMO's since SWG, then moved to WoW, Warhammer some other ones which didn't hold my interest for long then most recently SWTOR.  Done a few betas, tried GW2 and Rift but just couldn't get into it.  DId return to WoW a couple of times to try out the expansion but i just miss those old school Alterac Valleys. 

As far as Wildstar goes, this is the first MMO i've been excited about in a really long time, looks like it's launching like a complete game with Housing and everything.  I'm looking forward to a sexy and dangerous Chua Medic Scientist named Dr. Ivo... or Ivo for short, cuz being a mad hamster scientist has always been a life long dream.  I have always enjoyed a hybrid class, especially popping that last second heal so you can finish a guy off.... I can see my Chua laughing maniacally already.  Gotta throw a shout out to my buddy Lluck who is applying at the same time as me, cuz we're BFF's who talk over Skype like that.  Me and him been rolling together playing games since i met him in WoW when he saved my life, we're inseperable... like peanut butter and bananas... Tasty.

Anywho, you guys look awesome and friendly with a view for PVP and PVE that i certainly appreciate and it would awesome to be a part of your guild.  And in the words of a guy with great hair...

Thunder... Thunder... Thunder... THUNDERCATS HOOO!!!!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome.  Hey, we're the same age.  Chua medics unite!

Anyway, I too miss those day long AVs.  What was your favorite WoW class?  The game has changed so much over the years.  Based on your hybrid affinity and love of healing, I'm going to guess paladin.

People here usually have great questions, but I'll give it a shot.  So, you're stranded alone on a deserted island for an indefinite amount of time.  You're allowed to bring two games (computer/system, electricity, etc. provided).  No internet connection.  Which games go you bring?

On a different note (if you don't mind telling), how did you and Lluck meet up in WoW?

My WoW classes were Shaman and Pally... though i did get a Warlock up there...

Stranded on deserted island, 2 games, i would have to bring Skyrim and fallout 3... Those 2 are my favorite games and could literally sink hours up on hours into them.

Lluck on I met on the Horde side doing a quest in hillsbrad foothills... to recover some sword... forgot the name of it, i was exiting the building and got swarmed and there was Lluck and his buddy and they helped me out with the quest since that thing took sooooo long to get.  ever since then i've hated dwarves with a passion :p

Welcome Ivo and thank you for considering us. We think we're pretty damn awesome.. more awesome... awesomer.. as well. :)

I'm going to set you up with Guest status so you can start browsing around the forums and mingle with folks. Fair warning, we use the forums A LOT, plus we have a ton of interest outside of just games (as you'll see).

One of the Chapter Leads will be by and greet you and then send you an informational PM.

As Reign mentioned, questions will be forthcoming. It's how we greet people and also get to know you better.

With that said.. enjoy and I look forward to seeing you in game. 

Hi Ivo,

I take it Butchers books mean to be the Dresden series which are, in my opinion, fantastic.  Do you feel his stories have gotten better through the years since hes moved away from the formulaic monster of the week vibe or do you miss the more 'stand alone' approach?   Have you ever read his fantasy novel series?

What is your most memorable MMO moment? (Could be raiding or PVP or anything, really, I'm not picky)

What is the one kids show from your childhood you wish they would bring back?

Enjoy the long weekend, hope you get a relaxing one.

What is the one kids show from your childhood you wish they would bring back?

Onion%20103.gifJ.E.M. - Synergy was awesome and I've decided that I want to try to model my Mechari after her.

Ooh you were asking Ivo.

Welcome, Ivo!

I'm glad you decided to try us out. As Huntyre stated, we are kinda awesome ... no, completely awesome, and as you can tell, not exactly shy about it.  :Onion 901:

I love meeting people the way you describe having met Lluck. I've made quite a few friends that way over the years as well. And! Situations like that are precisely why we want to be on a PvP server.

/sigh I miss those old AV matches too. Pride and I actually started an RP guild when it was first released and did a lot of stories around the conflicts in Hillsbrad and  the Mountains. But all that was before we started raiding ...

You'll be getting the welcome message soon, please read when you have a few minutes. /wave