Hello! (Application)

d10sfan

Hello all,

I saw the post on /r/evejobs the other day and was interested in learning more about yall's group. I'm Davos Shaile in-game to EVE Online, been playing for some years now. I've been with a great group of people for about a year now, although I wanted to try something new. We're in null-sec in one of the big blocs. I was with a roaming pvp group a while back that was great, but sadly ended up closing shop.

I've been doing the big group thing for a while, so solo and small gang sort of stuff I'm pretty rusty on so looking for a good community for that sort of thing. From what I've seen reading some other topics and reading the CoC, it seems like this'd be a good place for it. I mainly have been doing PVP, but would be interested in doing more missions, etc.

I've been married for about 5 years now, and do work in the IT field (seems alot of people that play this game have some sort of job in that space). Usually end up playing late in the night (US Central) or on the weekends from time to time. Been also playing some more RPG-type games lately, and been looking for some more online communities either with more games than EVE or apart from it.

I also play ESO from time to time, haven't played in quite a while, but it'd be fun to do that as part of a group.

Looking forward to hearing more from you all

2 hours ago, d10sfan said:

Hello all,

I saw the post on /r/evejobs the other day and was interested in learning more about yall's group. I'm Davos Shaile in-game to EVE Online, been playing for some years now. I've been with a great group of people for about a year now, although I wanted to try something new. We're in null-sec in one of the big blocs. I was with a roaming pvp group a while back that was great, but sadly ended up closing shop.

I've been doing the big group thing for a while, so solo and small gang sort of stuff I'm pretty rusty on so looking for a good community for that sort of thing. From what I've seen reading some other topics and reading the CoC, it seems like this'd be a good place for it. I mainly have been doing PVP, but would be interested in doing more missions, etc.

I've been married for about 5 years now, and do work in the IT field (seems alot of people that play this game have some sort of job in that space). Usually end up playing late in the night (US Central) or on the weekends from time to time. Been also playing some more RPG-type games lately, and been looking for some more online communities either with more games than EVE or apart from it.

I also play ESO from time to time, haven't played in quite a while, but it'd be fun to do that as part of a group.

Looking forward to hearing more from you all

Hi Davos Shaile - Nice to meet you! We followed a similar path to you through null sec and back out again. We used to be in Blades of Grass back when they were part of GotG. We left a couple years ago after getting tired of the blue donut, hung out in low sec for a bit, and then took a break from the game for a good year and a half or so. The rust is real after that break for sure! We're still setting up our corp infrastructure, so that's eating into my PvP time. But once we're past setup mode, I'm planning on whelping as many hundreds of frigates as it takes to get decent at solo/small gang PvP haha. We still get our medium to large gang fix too through NPSI fleet stuff - being near Jita and Amarr makes catching those fleet really easy. Makes it really easy not to miss Null that much haha.

Our ESO group is pretty quiet right now unfortunately - sounds like there's a bit of a content drought and they're waiting for the next expansion. You're welcome to check it and the other guilds out too - the most (only?) active two are Wow classic and Destiny 2.

So the last step in the recruitment process here is to do a quick voice chat before we send an invite. I'm free every night this week if you're available. I'll send you our Discord link in a PM soon. We have a regular fleet every Saturday night at 0100 Eve/800 CST, you're welcome to join us. We're taking out our new Punisher doctrine out of Stacmon. Talk to you soon!

PS - You are totally right about IT professionals in Eve. I think we have at least four people in IT here.

Hello fellow person who works in tech. 

Are you a fan of 10 sided dice?

We are all learning small gang PvP at some level right now, so it’s a great time to join if you want to focus on that! We’ve also talked about doing group abysalls at some point. 

Looking forward to trying to tackle people with you! 

Hello potential new space friend!

If you're interested in missions, you can also give combat sites a try. I spent years mindlessly farming anoms in null (back in the AFK VNI & carrier ratting days), but I've had a blast flying around in a combat explo Stratios.

Random question time!

Favorite Friday night beverage?

Tell us your favorite EVE story!

What's your favorite ship and why?

For me, Arizona tea or a soda.

My favorite ship is the confessor, I like the look of it and it's fun with all the lasers :) It's nice to get at some range with it.

One of my favorite moments was when I first started, I was in BRAVE, they were still pretty small back then, so got to join in an EWAR frigate and felt like I was helping out, and bringing small fleets against all sorts of stuff.

Another was in my current corp, doing talwar fleets with a good group of people and melting the big ships is pretty fun.

1 hour ago, d10sfan said:

For me, Arizona tea or a soda.

My favorite ship is the confessor, I like the look of it and it's fun with all the lasers :) It's nice to get at some range with it.

One of my favorite moments was when I first started, I was in BRAVE, they were still pretty small back then, so got to join in an EWAR frigate and felt like I was helping out, and bringing small fleets against all sorts of stuff.

Another was in my current corp, doing talwar fleets with a good group of people and melting the big ships is pretty fun.

Quality choice of ship for sure, confessors, jackdaws, and svipuls are some of my favorite ships. It was nice talking to you earlier - welcome to the corp!

Thanks! Glad to be here

The Davos part is close to my name, and also close to a Dr Who villian from old, and something else I don't quite remember. The Shaile part I believe was just part of the generator. I originally had a character years ago Davos Cal from 2009 I believe, but ended up selling it.