Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Aleff Knoll

[EVE] Aleff Knoll

Recommended Posts

o7

 

I first heard of South of Heaven when it was a corporation in the Blades of Grass [2GTHR] alliance. My first corp outside of newbro-highsec drudgery was in 2GTHR's militia alliance and that is where I learned how to EVE. I remember having fun on some of Simone's fleets. But, SOHCO eventually parted ways with 2GTHR and I stayed with them for a couple years. It was a good couple years. I had a lot of fun in the disaster that was the latter-day DCU and in the hobo war down in Tenerifis. However, it's time for me to move to a place with more casual PvP and less moving again because TEST has decided to resume pushing us around.

 

I am pleased to see that the Code of Conduct here is actually not very different at all from 2GTHR values (which is what drew me to them in the first place), and that's very important to me in any sort of association. Maturity and basic human decency are (or at least ought to be) prerequisites for any group that I want to be a part of. 

 

I look forward to getting into some gudfights under the SOHCO banner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Aleff Knoll said:

o7

 

I first heard of South of Heaven when it was a corporation in the Blades of Grass [2GTHR] alliance. My first corp outside of newbro-highsec drudgery was in 2GTHR's militia alliance and that is where I learned how to EVE. I remember having fun on some of Simone's fleets. But, SOHCO eventually parted ways with 2GTHR and I stayed with them for a couple years. It was a good couple years. I had a lot of fun in the disaster that was the latter-day DCU and in the hobo war down in Tenerifis. However, it's time for me to move to a place with more casual PvP and less moving again because TEST has decided to resume pushing us around.

 

I am pleased to see that the Code of Conduct here is actually not very different at all from 2GTHR values (which is what drew me to them in the first place), and that's very important to me in any sort of association. Maturity and basic human decency are (or at least ought to be) prerequisites for any group that I want to be a part of. 

 

I look forward to getting into some gudfights under the SOHCO banner.

Hi Aleff! Great talking to you last night and glad to have you aboard. Practical and I were just talking yesterday about how much fun we had in Ziriert during the BoG days and how we're basically trying to recreate that atmosphere full time. Looking forward to flying Jackdaws with you again soon! I definitely think you'll find a continuation of the BoG culture here - we were sad when we left because they were basically our ideal alliance culturally, but we just needed more of that pew pew pew haha. For fleets this week - we're doing a WH dive on Thursday and a PvP fleet Saturday, both at 0100. You can find the PvE night ships for this week at the end of this thread: https://www.sohguild.com/index.php?/topic/20378-wh-fits-guides-etc/. We're taking out Caracals on Saturday, those fits are here https://www.sohguild.com/index.php?/topic/18122-doctrine-sidewinders-wip/. I'm linking them for reference, but you don't actually need to show up in Stacmon with a ship. I have ships to give out there you can use, or you're welcome to bring you're own.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello new (old) space friend!

 

Those were the good old days back in Branch. ISK as far as the eye could see, the CTAs weren't unbearable, and for a while there we even had decent content not too far from home. I blame... uh... the Goons for ruining it? Yeah. Grr Gons. (It was actually inter-coalition politics that ruined it.)

 

Random question time!

 

What did you think of the Demonic Wheat Pineapple?

 

Favorite ship to fly in EVE?

 

The aliens finally arrive on Earth. How many eyes do they have, and why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Tyrlis said:

 

What did you think of the Demonic Wheat Pineapple?

 

Favorite ship to fly in EVE?

 

The aliens finally arrive on Earth. How many eyes do they have, and why?

 

1) The logo, or the militia alliance itself? The logo is beautiful and I still admire it. The militia alliance concept was kind of neat as an idea and I liked that idea better than corps being relegated to renter alliances if they weren't elite-PvP enough. But in practical terms it felt like not being allowed to sit at the adults' table was a counter-current in an otherwise non-elitist culture. So I had mixed feelings about it. I was not sorry at all to see all active corps folded into the main alliance.

 

2) We all know what the best ship is, right? In terms of literal ships I don't have a single favourite. If I have the SP to fly it, and it's being flown in small-gang instead of megablob, then it's my favourite ship.

 

3) Two, because they are actually humans, they just spent so long going stir-crazy in their pod colonies that they forgot where they came from.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Aleff Knoll said:

The logo, or the militia alliance itself? The logo is beautiful and I still admire it.

 

Yeah I was specifically referring to the logo. I still have a beautiful scarf with the 2GTHR logo up on my 'gaming wall' from when Vas had a bunch made.

 

8 hours ago, Aleff Knoll said:

Two, because they are actually humans, they just spent so long going stir-crazy in their pod colonies that they forgot where they came from.

 

Plot twist! Hahaha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Aleff Knoll said:

So, I put in my in-game application. Let me know if you need anything else.

You should be good to go - I accepted both applications yesterday. Eve makes the applicant accept the acceptance for some unknown reason - you have to go into the corp tab and push a button there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Simone said:

You should be good to go - I accepted both applications yesterday. Eve makes the applicant accept the acceptance for some unknown reason - you have to go into the corp tab and push a button there.

Ah, thanks. I always forget how to change corps as I so seldom do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...