Decs Ret Paladin - WoW App

Six

Character name: Decs

Class: Paladin

Spec: Ret/Holy/Prot

Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kargath/Decs/simple

E-mail: Spinit6@gmail.com

Referred by: Recruitment post on www.worldofwarcraft.com - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3082028632

Reasons for appalying: Raiding with a good schedule, i'm looking for a new home to settle in, hopefully with like minded players. Somewhere i can be part of a progression team and bring my contribution as a good and prepared player.

My Progression: Naxx 10/25 HM - Malygos 6 min - OS+3 10/25 - Ulduar HM 10 completed - Ulduar HM 25 up to keepers - TOGC 25 up to Anub - ICC 25 HM 11/12 - BoT 4/4 - BWD 6/6 - ToT4W 2/2. It is to note i have raided with many different characters and for verification purposes here is a link to the one i used in my previous 25 raiding guild back in naxx/ulduar: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/staghelm/Desics/simple

Previous guilds and why i am no longer there: I have raided in the 25 guild Rüin on US_East Jaedenar two years ago, top realm guild at the time. They went from hardcore to casual and merged with another guild to keep raiding as TOC came out, i left hardcore raiding then. Pug'in until cata where i joined co-workers to casually raid 10man in Cataclysm on US_East Kargath with Revived Faction. When half the raid stopped playing we went to the alliance side of Kargath to meet more co-workers in Lords Alliance and continue until more left and others transfered.

Benching: I do not apply to bench but I gladly sit for other players when they need a boss or several wether it be for loot or achievements. I understand being part of a team means placing others in front of yourself.

Additional Comments: I love melee dps, but i enjoy all aspects of this game and will play offspecs if needed. i do my homework and i consider myself a good player, prepared and i have high expectations of my performance. PVP is a plus.

The 7 rules show of a good establishment after the five years of South of Heaven, congratulations on this accomplishment.

Thank you for taking the time to read this application.

I look forward to your reply.

This is a very nice application and I would like to speak with you.

Could you explain a bit more about your present situation in Cata? You have no T12 raid experience on this character - is that because you were trying to make things work with your coworkers? I'm surprised they couldn't have at least mustered a group for Shannox. Your gear is all sound but could you also tell us why we don't see more valor purchases at this point in the season? Have you been dividing your focus between your various characters?

Thanks again for taking the time to stop by and post your application. I'm particularly happy to see that you have scrutinized our code of conduct prior to posting. It definitely gives us the impression that your interest is genuine. :)

Hi, Your assumptions are dead correct, i have been trying to stay with my co-workers for a good 7 months, and i have raided with them on 3 different characters to make things works, including a priest a dk and warlock.

heres the DK wich has seen the most content in the alliance guild: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kargath/Spinin/simple

ah yes they also dont have nef down, but i went and did that one with the rogue i linked in the application, i believe that was post-nerf.

As far as valor purchases and Firelands experience go, i have not raided since this co-worker raiding situation went to dust before Firelands came out and with Kargarth's population, pug's are a rare occurence on the horde side. However, i did bank around 4300 VP from heroics. The reason i did not spend them yet is because with my timing being so terrible, guilds are mostly looking for healers and should the situation arise i will spend them on that spec and raid with it instead of ret. As the guild fell apart just before Firelands, i did find a guild pug on shannox for countless wipes. It is true i do not have experience in Firelands, but dont let it scare you away, i do my homework, i try hard to get things done right the first time and i hate being dead weight to the raid. i do have hard modes experience throughout Wotlk and i can affirm i am confident to take on Firelands.

I'd like to add a little note just to show the lenght i went to help out this co-workers guild and show my dedication. I was playing on US_Staghelm at the time and sent the DK to US_Kargath then faction changed it, to be told i was replaced by another and that should a group 2 form i'd be invited to it, i left the dk there. I then transfered a priest, to help the horde side of that co-worker guild. Then a warlock, level'd it, farmed heroics, then raided with it. Then switched back the alliance DK i had there when they shifted back to alliance. As a result i have characters on three realms now.

A little bit more about myself. I have been playing this game for many years. Last year i decided to stop smoking and i haven't since. With that said, i took a healthier path in life, or so i would like to believe, with workout and nutrition, and i realize by playing casually and jumping from one toon to the other that i want to keep this game as a part of the picture, but i need a good environment to play it and settle down once and for all!!.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Well I certainly congratulate you on quitting. I've also quit (twice..), and it isn't easy. I decided that one cigar on the weekend is a sin I will continue to allow myself, and that seems to satisfy my tobacco love without being excessive or wrecking my lungs.

Another question I had, and there is not a right or wrong answer, but since you have a DK also I was curious if you preferred Ret pally to Frost dk, since it is possible we could accommodate either.

I was also wondering if you like to PvP but it looks like your rogue is for that.

Ahh cigars! the smell....so anyways!

I do prefer ret to frost by far, now if you need a DK tank or unholy that's another story >.> I'll be honest, frost rotation isn't very exciting to play even tho it does outstanding performance.

i do enjoy PVP, and i do random bg's on many characters. The paladin is the most played in both pve and pvp even tho the rogue has better pvp gear at the moment, a situation that will quickly be corrected.

Edited by Six