WOW Application - Holy Paladin

Rollèn

Hello,

I'm responding to a post by Ashin on my recruitment thread. I am applying for the open Holy Paladin raid spot although my current main has been my resto shaman (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/deathwing/Roll%C3%A8n/simple). Since I am to post an intro, I decided my recruitment post on the forums already had a lot of the details about myself and my WOW experience.

From my post:

"Hello,

I'm an experienced raider (member of top 150 US guild in Vanilla and TBC) looking for a guild for MoP in need of a healer. I have all healing classes at level 85 except druid (level 80), and I'm willing to switch to any class needed for the upcoming expansion for the right guild.

I missed out on most of the progression fights in Cata except for HM Dragon Soul 6/8 (back in Jan thru March with 0%-5% buff) because I was traveling nearly every week for work (check the dates of the achievements). I worked on HM Spine but he was killed shortly after I had to start leaving every week again. I also got "Firelord" back when it was still rather difficult to achieve. I'm now no longer required to travel due to a position change so looking for a guild looking to progress in a competitive environment. While I'd like to be in a guild going for high ranking (top 50) US kills, I don't have the time anymore to dedicate 25-30 hours and five to six days per week as I use to.

Past Raid XP:

Vanilla: Naxx 4H (killed once before TBC released)

TBC: Full Clear of everything through Black Temple (killed over 7 months before Sunwell was released) - Sunwell up to Twins (guild fell apart in downtime due to boredom)

WOTLK: Missed a lot due to traveling have some timely achievements for 10 & 25M Ulduar and Naxx

Cata: HM Firelands 7/7 and HM DS 6/8 (HM Warmaster in March)

*I haven't PVPed in a long time, but I did at one time have a 2k+ rating in WOTLK on this toon.

Preferred Raid Times: 9-12:30 PM EST (Must be between 8:30 - 12:45 PM)

Days: Sunday - Thursday (3-4 days per week)"

Additional details about me:

I'm 26 years old working as a Financial Budget Analyst for a defense contractor. I have a Bachelor's degree in finance and Masters of Business Administration (MBA). I consider myself fairly laid back and easy to get along with, but I am competitive. I am a big sports fan especially when it comes to football and college basketball.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Rollen,

Thanks for stopping by and posting your application. I'm going to set you with Guest access so you can snoop around the forums or hit the chat room if you like. I also have a few initial questions:

- could you link us the armory of the toon you were playing when you were US150 in vanilla and TBC?

- what raiding experience do you have on the holy paladin? how current is your knowledge / theorycraft on holy paladin?

- you mentioned needing to miss much of wrath and cata due to traveling/work - what assurance can you give us that you will have solid attendance in Mists?

Cheers. :)

Ashin,

- could you link us the armory of the toon you were playing when you were US150 in vanilla and TBC?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thrall/Rolln/achievement#168:14805

As you can see, I do not (and have no intention ever again) of playing my warlock past level 79. I did put on the BT neck allowing transport to the entrance showing I did down Illidan. Also the achievement states 10/28/2008 for all my TBC achievements in TBC since that is the dates achievements started being tracked. This at least shows I cleared BT before that date.

- what raiding experience do you have on the holy paladin? how current is your knowledge / theorycraft on holy paladin?

I have no raiding experience as a holy paladin to date. I have healed on him before, but never raided. However I have healed HM's on my resto shaman. While I have no way of proving it, I can and would familiarize myself with a holy Paladin's spell choices in a raid setting very quickly through research and watching raid boss kills through their POV. Since most classes have general healing spells that are similiar such as a quick, large, but mana inefficent heal, a small, quick, and mana efficent heal, large, slow, and mana efficient heal, etc. I would mainly need to work on cooldown usage, self-proc buff timing, and things of that nature.

- you mentioned needing to miss much of wrath and cata due to traveling/work - what assurance can you give us that you will have solid attendance in Mists?

When I wasn't traveling in those expansions, I had very solid (100%) attendance until I had to travel again which I stopped playing since I didn't want to waste everyone's time by only logging on occasionally. I always elt the guild know in advance this was only for a few months until I knew I would be traveling again. Each time it was accepted because they really needed a healer. The position I work now will never require travel so I expect to be near 100%. If anything were to ever change in the next year or two of MoP, I would provide plenty of notice and continue to raid (without taking gear) until a replacement is found as I have in the past.

Calandei,

I'm more interested in finding a guild that is a good fit. I enjoy healing, and I'm open to a change in classes if required to be in a guild that has raid times and a history of quick progression that I'm searching for. Whether I heal on my shaman, paladin, or priest isn't that big of a concern to me. However once I start raiding in MoP on this toon, I will not be switching for raiding purposes.