re intro

stymey

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a good friend of mine. What happened back then is over and done with. He obviously has let it go, otherwise he wouldn't have reapplied. I'm not trying to be negative here. I've been talking to him about the guild since I've rejoined SoH, and told him how great everyone's been..... I would love for him to be a part of all that again, and so would he, obviously. I'm just talking here so there is really no reason to get upset over the situation... Thank you

I agree completely...let's stay positive here and not holds grudges over what happened years ago. I know Stymey would make a great addition to this great guild. We've had good things to say about our experiences here so far and I think it's awesome Stymey wants to be a part of it! :-)

Bah, I just woke up to a wall of text.

Recruitment for the GW2 Chapter is currently closed except for Member referrals. Clearly you're connected, lol, so on with the show. B/c there appears to be some dissention, I want to treat this as an Intro/App and ask that you first read and sign the Code of Conduct.

Then please respond to the following .......

1) Ashin's assertion

2) be strongly advised that I am a vocal and often irate feminist. I hate, loathe, and detest when people use "douche" or "pussy" as an inflamatory insult to another human being. It's demeaning to women, even if some of them don't realize it. The fact that you have euphemistically named your character "Massen Gil" does not mitigate my abject horror (of your name, not of you; it does, however, make me question your motives. Your relationship to a woman I find delightful is the only thing keeping me from blocking this re-intro, regardless of the repercussions).

He's a good friend of mine. What happened back then is over and done with. He obviously has let it go, otherwise he wouldn't have reapplied. I'm not trying to be negative here. I've been talking to him about the guild since I've rejoined SoH, and told him how great everyone's been..... I would love for him to be a part of all that again, and so would he, obviously. I'm just talking here so there is really no reason to get upset over the situation... Thank you

I like that you feel free to express what's on your mind. I can also appreciate that you would like for your friend to be in the guild.

I hope, however, that you can appreciate a few things as well. First, I was vague in my post because it is not my intention to drag up all the details of why Stymey is not longer part of SoH. He made a choice knowing that it was completely incompatible with our code of conduct. I respected his choice, but choices have consequences. You might be right - it could be over and done with. But that isn't for you to decide. That's up to Stymey, mostly, and to some extent it's also up to the officers and myself.

The second point I want to make, which is harder to understand maybe, is that there are tons of amazing human beings for whom we are not the right guild. I still keep in touch regularly with friends that I removed from this guild because it was not the right place for them. Several of your officers and veterans have had to accept this as well. Not accepting someone into this guild does not mean that we hate or disrespect that person. It simply means we recognize that we are not the best team for that person to join.

Derrogatory or flippant character names are a great example. Some people can't understand why we would give a hoot. It's just a name for a fictional character - it's just in good fun. Who are we to dictate their character choices? And, from a certain point of view, they are absolutely right! SoH has no right whatsoever to tell you how to name your character. And, if our rules are burdensome, you should simply not join this guild. You should play with a group that better suits your likes and dislikes, and we will be happy for you! This guild is for people who appreciate those rules, because, for the right kind of person, they actually make the game more enjoyable, not less.

I'm taking the opportunity to articulate these points because we haven't talked about them for a while, as a guild. But we have so many new people joining us in GW2, and it is important that you all understand that you've signed up for a very unique sort of team. Our ways are never set in stone, but they have worked well for many years, and we do take them seriously.

Okay, fair enough... I can understand that, and I also respect that. I don't know the situation, so it's none of my business. That's something you, the officers of the guild, and Stymey need to hash out amongst yourselves. I have a question, and I'm sure I'll regret asking.... Ugh..... Let's just say, I follow the rules, and have no problems with them what so ever, but there's somebody that I just do not like or agree with ever. (Not saying there is.. So don't read into that one) would that mean this guild isn't the right fit for me? Just trying to say that there's a lot of different personalities and opinions present with such a large group of people... You're not always going to see eye to eye... What then? Please, don't get mad, I'm just curious ... Maybe I should of asked that privately, but I'm just tossing it out there.

Just trying to say that there's a lot of different personalities and opinions present with such a large group of people... You're not always going to see eye to eye... What then?

That's a fair question. IMO, it's ok to disagree with people, as long as you do it in a mature fashion. It's ok to not like somebody, as long as you don't engage in backstabbing, undermining, or any of the other BS that happens in online games when two people don't get along. We don't allow that. SoH isn't a perfect happy fun palace of peace and love. If it was that, Ashin and the chapter leads/officers/vets wouldn't have to spend time writing up rules, reviewing member applications, and generally policing the guild. What makes us different is that we don't tolerate personal attacks, drama, or rules violations, and try to ensure we don't accept members that are likely to engage in that sort of behavior.