World of Warcraft Application-Rogue Raer

Raer

This is an application to the South of Heaven World of Warcraft chapter on Stormreaver-US

My name is Justin or Raer as I'm known in most games, specifically World of Warcraft. I'm 24, male and am currently enlisted in the Tennessee Army National Guard. I've served two tours overseas and hope never to return to some of those places. I recently returned from my latest tour in July and am currently on a 5 year stabilization period with my unit. I'm looking to get back into raiding full swing without overdoing it, and from what I've read and heard about South of Heaven, this seems like a perfect place to do just that.

Now a little bit about my character(s) and accomplishments

Armories of my characters

Raer-Rogue

Rær-Mage

Avènged-Warrior

Raerin-Paladin

Raerish-Druid

These toons I've raided on to various extents. I mained my Mage from the time I started WoW back in 2008, playing casually until late 2009 when I joined a guild called <Hat> on the Gorefiend server. I raided with them through the middle of ToC into ICC where we were progressing well into heroics getting 10/12 H25 down before the guild started having severe end of expansion attendance problems that we never recovered from. Mid July 2010 I left <Hat> and joined <Insomniacs> Gorefiend and helped them reach 10/12 H and coasted into Cataclysm. I raided with them through Tier 11 getting 6/6H BWD 1/5H BoT and 1/2H To4W down. Several of the core members left at this point, crippling the guild and caused raiding to stop. Although none of the <Insomniacs> still play WoW we're still good friends and play various games such as TERA and Heroes of Newerth together.

After <Insomniacs> stopped raiding I transferred with a few friends to Stormreaver and found a home in <Peachy Keen>. In my short time raiding with PK we managed 1/7H Firelands. Later that week my unit was mobilized in support of Operation Enduring Freedom sending me to various countries around the Middle East. I stopped raiding for several months until I stopped being moved around and was stationary for several months. This is when I started raiding on my Rouge in Dragon Soul with <Hit it like you mean it>. We went 5/8H DS25 before attendance issues caused the guild to drop to a 10 man format and me to stop raiding again. I brought all my toons to PK because I have several friends here but the melee is quite full at the moment.

The other characters not mentioned are alts that I pugged casually with.

I've played with several of your members including Yasung, who thought I was a CIA spy for a while, Stavee in <HILYMI>, and Staticpyscho, or Alaska as you guys call him.

Here is a link to the latest World of Logs, I originally parsed 112 but since has fallen about 20 places

Log

If you have any pressing questions feel free to whisper me in game on any of my characters or via my battle tag Raer1862

Thanks for taking the time to read my walls of text hope to hear from you soon!

<EDIT: Fail at spelling Rogue>

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BERY NICE COVER STORY SIR. I KNOWZ UR SECRET.

Edit: How did I double post lol. I raided with Raer's healing Druid during DS after I transferred here on Stormreaver. Although that group was short lived because the raid leader abruptly quit the game I've raided with many of Raer's toons and he is a very solid performer on all of them. Despite what he says in his intro post he is indeed a spy for the CIA. During Cata he was practically in every pug group I joined. He insisted that this was mere coincidence but I'm too smart for that. He eventually asked to realid and this is when I knew he was a covert spy keeping tabs on me because the CIA believes I have strong connections with the North Korean government due to my frequent use of Kim Jung Il / Kim Jong Un photos online. Coincidentally he applies to this guild just days after I use another Kim Jong Un photo after months of stopping this behaviour. This is not a coincidence.

Edited by jwj11

I've played with several of your members including Yasung, who thought I was a CIA spy for a while, Stavee in <HILYMI>, and Staticpyscho, or Alaska as you guys call him.

This is spooky - how do you know all of my peoples?!

Honestly that was a wonderfully solid intro. As far as your various alts go, can you tell me in order of comfort which ones you would enjoy most if we didn't have a rogue spot right now?

Have you thought about starting up wtih PK again, or is Yas simply too charming to avoid?

These toons I've raided on to various extents. I mained my Mage from the time I started WoW back in 2008, playing casually until late 2009 when I joined a guild called <Hat> on the Gorefiend server. I raided with them through the middle of ToC into ICC where we were progressing well into heroics getting 10/12 H25 down before the guild started having severe end of expansion attendance problems that we never recovered from. Mid July 2010 I left <Hat> and joined <Insomniacs> Gorefiend and helped them reach 10/12 H and coasted into Cataclysm. I raided with them through Tier 11 getting 6/6H BWD 1/5H BoT and 1/2H To4W down. Several of the core members left at this point, crippling the guild and caused raiding to stop. Although none of the <Insomniacs> still play WoW we're still good friends and play various games such as TERA and Heroes of Newerth together.

Wow. Gorefiend. I remember <Hat> being very solid. I used to play alliance side with <We Pugged It>, I had to jump ship though, because the realm was pretty dead. Good Luck on your app Justin.

Hola, Mr. Wendal!

Thanks for stalking by -- Go Volunteers?! On a scale of Newscaster to Boy Howdy, how would you classify your accent?

If you say your name Raer, which of the following is closest:

1. Rawr
  2. Rhy-er
  3. Rhur
  4. Rare
  5. R-eye-r
  6. Beyonce

How interesting that you've thrown a mage in there with all your melee options. Have you had any issues swapping between range and melee?

In uniform, how many push ups can you do? Does that number increase if you are topless?

What is the greatest moment in your WoW career that you remember fondly? What is the dumbest thing you've (accidentially) done during a raid?

BERY NICE COVER STORY SIR. I KNOWZ UR SECRET.

<snip>

This is not a coincidence.

My ruse is discovered!

This is spooky - how do you know all of my peoples?!

Honestly that was a wonderfully solid intro. As far as your various alts go, can you tell me in order of comfort which ones you would enjoy most if we didn't have a rogue spot right now?

Have you thought about starting up wtih PK again, or is Yas simply too charming to avoid?

My guess is that I've been around some of Stormreavers bigger guilds and was heavily in the pug scene and that's where I met them.

I'd have to say in terms of comfort and ability would be: Rogue > Mage > Paladin > Druid > Warrior. The only reason my Warrior was my second 90 was because I needed a farmer(and they're quite OP in pvp if played well).

In all honesty I have, but it just doesn't feel right anymore. Several of the leadership decisions made have been conflicting and some petty bickering exchanged on forums just kind of turned me away.

Hola, Mr. Wendal!

Thanks for stalking by -- Go Volunteers?! On a scale of Newscaster to Boy Howdy, how would you classify your accent?

If you say your name Raer, which of the following is closest:

1. Rawr
  2. Rhy-er
  3. Rhur
  4. Rare
  5. R-eye-r
  6. Beyonce

How interesting that you've thrown a mage in there with all your melee options. Have you had any issues swapping between range and melee?

In uniform, how many push ups can you do? Does that number increase if you are topless?

What is the greatest moment in your WoW career that you remember fondly? What is the dumbest thing you've (accidentially) done during a raid?

I'm a grade A stalker, just ask Yas >.> My accent to me isn't that "Bow Howdy", in fact most people I meet and work with IRL think I'm from New York!

Rare and Rawr are the closest, most just say Rawr.

Very little issues swapping back and forth from melee to ranged. Generally in the past all the ranged were directed to specific areas and I consider that kind of like a 'ranged hit box'.

My last fitness test I did 74 in 2 minutes. 2 shy of 100%, and I don't think the number changes if I'm topless.

Greatest moment...I'd have to say the sense of adventure when I first started playing. Followed by playing with RL friends after my first deployment. Dumbest thing I've accidentally done...a few instances of Goblin Jump come to mind, a few bad times to Killing Spree/Shadow Step into bad stuff, but the overall winner was in T11 Heroic Halfus progression with <Insomniacs>. We had just had a few wipes and were getting ready for the next one. Feast down, buffs going out...what does the mage with his newly bound Timewarp button do? Presses it. Guild Leader raid warnings: "OH RAER, WE JUST HAD TO HAVE LUST FOR THAT FOOD BUFF TIMER?!" funniest thing ever.

Thanks Abragale ^_^