World Of Warcraft - Holy Paladin Application

rendaelyne

Hello all,

I am looking for a 6/6 or higher 25 man guild that raids weekdays between 7:30 PM EST and midnight. It can be 3 nights a week, 4 nights or 5.

I have been in Artifice (my current guild) for many years. Only time I left them was to be in a "hardcore" guild in T11 and T12 content. Was in a guild called "The Dauntless" on Medivh for my hardcore raiding experience for about 7 months.

We cleared Firelands normal 25 man on 1st week and then jumped right into heroic killing all bosses up to Baelroc pre nerf. Guild died after many weeks on Ragnaros after GM burn out. I then quit WoW and went onto SWTOR for 4 months and after that abysmal game, came back to WoW.

I have always been good friends with Artifice and they are VERY good people, but we've been trying to restructure it into a more hardcore environment and it's just not happening. I've tried for 3 months prior to MoP and now 1 month post MoP launch and before I get too far behind in progression to even be considered for a more hardcore guild. I have to take the plunge now or be cast aside until next xpac/gear reset

my raid interface looks as follows:

http://imageshack.us/f/87/wowscrnshot102812163401.jpg/

As you can see, I run a pretty stock interface but I always have. I run DBM as well. This pic was taken just yesterday in a LFR. LFR does something to the Blizz UI and creates an extra column for just the tanks which cannot be turned off. But you can see that I can tell who has taken a cobalt blast to the face and needs cleansing (DK and hunter).

My armory of course can be found by clicking on my profile from this post. I may be logged out in tank or ret gear as I am playing around with them but my heal set is exactly as stated, properly gemmed and chanted.

I have a full set of flasks and over 20 stacks (400) of 300 Spirit food and am working at Int food for when mana does not become an issue.

My preference is heals and that is where I shine at but I have gear sets for both off specs.

Tank spec is 462 item level

Ret spec is 461 item level

WoL parse (as healer) on only 25 man bosses we have killed to date

http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/2126/

Thanks for your interest. I am willing to server transfer and faction change and I will most likely bring 2 toons at first (this one and my druid for profession farming) and may bring more after.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Figured I would add more info here since the above was more just my stats and general info about my WoW time.

My name is Johnny and I work as an IT site manager. Been doing that for about 10 years now.

I've been playing WoW since the beginning, I've got every class at 85 and some duplicates with 2 90s right now and a 3rd on the way. I will be creating a monk as well at some point. The only class and spec I haven't played so far aside from the Monk is a Boomkin and a holy priest.

I came to WoW full time after SWG collapsed after their failed NGE patch. I played SWTOR for 5 months and left that game after the guild I was in fell apart since the game was so buggy. But I was part of a hardcore guild there that cleared all the heroic and hard modes on eye of eternity and the second raid which I forget the name.

Anyway, i fyou have any questions, let me know.

Thanks again

Can we call you Johnny Five? I need a hero.

I'm glad to see your application up, but since the first part was a copy from your b.net post, you need to add an armory please. :)

I think our healers will have more specific questions about your logs / armory / ui. For me (and I know we've already spoken) can you please explain a bit what appeals to you about SoH? And also, since you have basically played all classes/specs in the game, tell us what you like so much about holy paladin that keeps drawing you back to it.

Thanks!

All of it is mouse over macros with a steelseries cata mouse.

My whole action bar and the full top bar are all mapped to my mouse. Top line is with a shift modifier.

I can swap any potion, ability into any open space on those action bars and they will work. So I can hot swap my buttons on a per fight basis as reqiured if I need to use a different spell and want it at an easier to reach button

As for timers:

Sacred shield places an icon on the target (except for pets) so I see it and refresh it either as it wears out or during a lull in the action.

For my Hammer of light I can see when it's off CD so I can either use on CD or time it for boss abilities. Depening on if they line up and I can get the best use out of it.

for tank/raid CDs, I am the heal co-ordinator in Artifice and I brought what we used in The Dauntless with me to Artifice. All healers have a macro that broadcasts to the next person in the chain that they are the next to use their CD.

So if I use devo aura, it annouces to the next person (lets say a druid) that they are next in line, We go around the raid CDs as needed until it gets back to me to start the chain bakc up. We use the same system for tank CDs.

The reasons I keep playing my holy paladin are quite a few. (I mean she's a female BE...that's always a plus).

First reason is I love healing, so that narrows the classes down.

Second is I find the holy paladin brings so much utility and so many CDs (either direct or indirect CDs)

I can pop Devo aura, I can hit holy avenger and basically become a mini tranq with HR/LoD/HS/LoD/HR spam. Or I can drop hammer of light and use my guardian and do it all over again. I can also (properly specced) use hand of Sacrifice twice in a row now which adds another extra tank Cd.

so I In all my raiding, I've healed on almost every class in the normal modes and some heroic content before they get nerfed to the floor. I like the way paladin heals have evolved. But I really like being considered "the" tank healer. Although that niche has diminished a little bit, Beacon still makes us very good tank healers.

Hi Johnny, welcome to SoH forums. Fellow Holy Paladin weighing in.

Your gem choices look good and you are all reforged to mastery, so you know what you're doing. Only thing I'd do differently is put +80 stats to chest over 200 spirit. Other than that, very solid.

I also looked over your World of Logs. For the most part your CD usage is good. I did find one glaring issue though, I don't see you using Divine Favor at all. You'll have to remember to work it into your healing cd rotation.

I also have a few questions for you:

You are currently using Sacred Shield. What are your thoughts on Eternal Flame?

You are using Clemency. How do you think it compares to Unbreakable Spirit?

Have you tried the Divine Plea glyph?

A few other notes. You can get rid of those tank frames on the blizz UI by making sure the "display main tank and assist" box is not selected. I tested it myself today. I'd also recommend using OmniCC, a very basic cooldown addon that gives timers on all your spell icons

yeah, I have been throwing that into my rotation but not enough as I should. I will def throw that in (prob best for example to use it on Feng when epicenters go off or when he's burning off his stacks)

As for the 80 stats to chest VS the 200 Spr. I have been toying with that idea. Since I could get 80 int and 80 spr. Which would be a better stat distribution, But in my current guild, where even with the healing assignments, we have 3 really good healers and 3 ok healers, we end up covereing for them so I went into mana regen mode and got the 200 spr.

I have never toyed with eternal flame yet. I picked SS as an absorb in my eyes is better than a heal. Also, since most of my holy power dumps go into LoD currently, trying to keep up multiple Eternal flames would actually have hurt the raid healing. I could be wrong but my initial though would be I'd have to basically heal my beacon target to stack holy power through tower of radiance to even make eternal flames worth while. If I was only healing 2-3 tanks and knew I wasn't trying to cover for low raid healers, I bet I could keep up an eternal flame on all 3 at the expense of raid healing through LoD.

unbreakable spirit may get me 2 LoH in a fight, but I think it pales in comparison to 2 Hand of Sac/prot that can be used back to back or in very quick succession (prot for the spirit kings arrow pins for example). Loosing this would not warrant the little mana gain over a 10 min fight for example. or a LoH I could pop on a tank at the start and then have to wait for one at the end.

I did use the plea glyph at first, but I found not healing a tank for that long could be devastating. I prefer to macro divine plea/arc torrent and avenging wrath all together. that way when I plea, I do basically get hit wiht the heal penalty but counter it with wings or guardian if needed.

thanks, that is one thing I always wanted to turn off, I'll do that cause it's such a pain. I've fixed all the other stuff except for that (also since it's only in LFR I don't usually bother fixing it cause I do it once a week, quick and easy and it also lets me know who is the tanks right away, just as they leave or new ones join) I will look into that mod as well if I find I am loosing my mind with all the CDs. But so far, it's been pretty good.

Edited by rendaelyne