World Of Warcraft - Holy Paladin Application

rendaelyne

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never toyed with eternal flame yet. I picked SS as an absorb in my eyes is better than a heal. Also, since most of my holy power dumps go into LoD currently, trying to keep up multiple Eternal flames would actually have hurt the raid healing. I could be wrong but my initial though would be I'd have to basically heal my beacon target to stack holy power through tower of radiance to even make eternal flames worth while. If I was only healing 2-3 tanks and knew I wasn't trying to cover for low raid healers, I bet I could keep up an eternal flame on all 3 at the expense of raid healing through LoD.

Eternal Flame on nearly every fight will do more absorb and healing than Sacred Shield. Because the hot portion of the heal procs mastery and transfers healing to your beacon. I initially healed this expansion using Sacred Shield myself, and its a very good spell, no doubt about it, but it only helps one target where as EF can have multiple targets. Also, its not always a requirement to keep multiple hots rolling at all times. I always keep at least one Hot rolling on the tank and I still use Holy Power to use LoD. The key to using Eternal Flame is using Divine Purpose in conjunction with it to give you several free procs of either another EF or LoD and it can do some incredible healing throughout the course of a fight. I also used Holy Avenger and Eternal Flame and I still do more healing with Divine Purpose and EF. However, thats not to say that SS or Holy Avenger are the wrong choices, they are both good in their own way but I wanted to give you my perspective.

unbreakable spirit may get me 2 LoH in a fight, but I think it pales in comparison to 2 Hand of Sac/prot that can be used back to back or in very quick succession (prot for the spirit kings arrow pins for example). Loosing this would not warrant the little mana gain over a 10 min fight for example. or a LoH I could pop on a tank at the start and then have to wait for one at the end.

The benefit of Unbreakable Spirit I find, is you can have a very low cooldown on divine protection, which can help minimize the damage you take during alot of fights. The added bonus is you can can get 2 divine shields, to completely nullify a mechanic or survive something you shouldn't. Those two options alone greatly increase your survivability and can help make an encounter easier. Again there is synergy with EF and DP because you are constantly spending holy power and lowering their respective cooldowns. As for lay on hands, its always been an odd cooldown. I know I like to hold off using it for that KEY moment, but sometimes I end up not using it at all. So I think being able to cast two during every fight and netting 30k mana per, can be pretty useful. The only issue I had with Clemency, is I never felt like I needed to have back to back hands for most fights. You listed some viable usage, outside of spirit kings, I'm not sure its the best talent to have.

I did use the plea glyph at first, but I found not healing a tank for that long could be devastating. I prefer to macro divine plea/arc torrent and avenging wrath all together. that way when I plea, I do basically get hit wiht the heal penalty but counter it with wings or guardian if needed.

I don't think this glyph is necessary, but I think it opens up more options. Pre MoP, you had to pop Avenging Wrath just so your healing wasn't garbage during Divine Plea. I've found that most fights, you can easily get a casted divine plea off, without any risk of death to your raid team. This frees up Avenging Wrath as an actual healing cooldown rather than having to use it to offset a healing penalty. Now if you had a solo assignment to heal one person and they are taking heavy sustained damage, then I might considering unglyphing it.

Again this is my take on these talents/glyphs, from the raiding expereince I've had so far in MoP.

Good luck on your application.

So different to actually talk shop with someone who knows what they are doing. I am sure what I'll end up doing during my app is test these combos/different specs to test and see how they actually work out in each fight. The eternal flame/divine purpose almost turns us into druids depending on RNG with divine purpose...which is an interesting concept. Even if I don't get in, I will most likely test this in a raid/lfr to see how this works out.

So different to actually talk shop with someone who knows what they are doing. I am sure what I'll end up doing during my app is test these combos/different specs to test and see how they actually work out in each fight. The eternal flame/divine purpose almost turns us into druids depending on RNG with divine purpose...which is an interesting concept. Even if I don't get in, I will most likely test this in a raid/lfr to see how this works out.

Yeah, its certainly a shift in playstyle that I'm normally not used to with a paladin. I'm still adjusting myself.

edited for wording.

Edited by Abragale