GW2 - Grieve

Grieve

Hey everyone! I am applying to join SoH today and am looking forward meeting and playing with everyone here. However, I'll have plenty of time to meet and get to know everyone here so I'll tell you a bit about myself and give you a bit of my gaming background.

So first things first, in Guild Wars 2, here are my characters... (Ordered by Play Preference)

Grieve Logdan (80 Human Warrior)

Feylicia Logdan (80 Human Mesmer)

Rifte Torin (80 Charr Thief)

Elias Foralli (80 Asura Guardian)

I See Dead Pugs (80 Sylvari Necromancer)

Dirken Stavell (80 Norn Ranger)

Tibar Ignatius (80 Asura Elementalist)

Reimi Stavell (33 Norn Engineer)

I enjoy a healthy mix of PvE and PvP in Guild Wars 2. Moving on though...

So as far as gaming goes in general for me, I tend to lean more towards the power gamer spectrum, but my biggest issue here is a slight lack of time to keep up with the better power gamers. I enjoy theory crafting, pushing meta builds, and doing speed runs (solo or team). I do have a slight case of OCD so I will get caught up trying to complete the every tiny little thing to get that 100% completion. Couple that with my competitive side and I'll occasionally wind up on a gaming binge (ie. an all-nighter filled with Energy drinks and pizza). As far as my gaming "career" goes, below will be my "resume"

~Guild Wars 2 (Currently playing)

Not much to say here...

~Dungeons & Dragons Online (2009-2012)

I played on the Sarlona server while in DDO. My main characters were Cardan, Rifte, Feylicia, & Warmin. I grew to be a well known raid leader on the server and set 6 Solo speed clear Dungeon records and led 1 Dungeon & 1 Raid record breaking speed runs. I also enjoyed occasionally helping educate the server's PuGs on how to run the more difficult and less run raids. I even have a raid guide for download here if anyone is at all interested.

~Guild Wars (2006-2009)

While in this game, I was the guild leader of "The Wayward Souls [Lost]" and part of an alliance with Zero Hour Enterprises[ZHE]. My mains were Grieve Logdan (Warrior), Elias Foralli (Monk), and Rifte Torin (Assassin). In 2008, I played a major role in developing the Underworld Speed Clear metas that pushed the average run time from 45 minutes to 15 minutes. Also, fun note for those that played, I did a 13 "Title Spike" into my GWAMM title (7 of which appeared on screen for the world to see).

~Various FPSs (2003-2006)

I had very little time during these years so I played a couple FPSs, specifically Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory and Command & Conquer: Renegade. Not much to say here.

~Utopia Game (1999-2003)

I doubt anyone will recognize this game, but here's a link. For those too lazy to hit the link, Utopia is a text-based teamplay strategy game. Think text-based version of a RTS MMO. While playing this game, I led or assisted the lead of a Kingdom over the course of 5-6 ages. While in direct lead, I was able to lead a kingdom to the Top 25 in Honor rankings during 1 age. I was also able to get my single Province into the top 1000 for Networth and Land during another age.

Now, that's my "competitive gaming career" and I don't think I've ever fully shared that before. Outside of the multiplayer games, I've enjoyed many console RPGs (Final Fantasy, Star Ocean, Mass Effect) and Action/Adventure games (Assassin's Creed, Prince of Persia, Metal Gear).

Enough games, now on to me. I am 25 going on 26 in December living in the DC area. I recently got a new job as a Consultant doing Business & Requirements Analysis with a small firm. I am a bachelor with a nice place for JUST myself with no pets. I enjoy spending time outdoors hiking and camping and before I entered the work world, I swam competitively on my college's Division III team.

Well anyways, I look forward to chatting with everyone on here and in game.

Edited by Grieve

<3! Delighted you posted Grieve. You failed to mention that you're our server's Community Manager ^^

I'll get you set up with Recruit status here on forums and send you an invite in game. Soon you will recieve a PM from me here on boards (look for red in the upper right corner).

Please take a moment to read the following threads and reply in them. 107%20Wink.png

• read and sign the Code of Conduct here
  • Mumble download and setup is here
  • GW2 Chapter new member orientation here

Cya in game!!!