Cohort Proposal - ESO

Simone

... another question ...

Steam lists multiple ESO entries: Tamriel Unlimited $30, Morrowind $20, ESO Plus Membership $8, plus digital collector's editions. Which would I need to buy? 

Also, is there some form of world or region chat like in other MMOs?

4 hours ago, Fera said:

... another question ...

Steam lists multiple ESO entries: Tamriel Unlimited $30, Morrowind $20, ESO Plus Membership $8, plus digital collector's editions. Which would I need to buy? 

Also, is there some form of world or region chat like in other MMOs?

Steam store is a bit wonky on versions, probably for marketing reasons. It looks like what's listed as Tamriel Unlimited (for $29.99) is the base game + the Morrowind expansion. You'll notice it says "Buy The Elder Scrolls Online - Morrowind" but when you add it to your cart it shows as Tamriel Unlimited.

The $19.99 Morrowind (DLC) is the upgrade price for people who previously owned the base game and want access to the new areas and classes.

Digital collectors editions are what you'd expect. Aesthetic gear, mounts, etc. If that has value to you, then go for it.

ESO plus membership is their subscription, but not needed to play. It gives you perks like bonus XP, a monthly allowance of crowns (their in-game real money currency,) which you can use to buy DLC packs, mounts, aesthetic stuff from the crown store

I don't have any of the extra stuff (including Morrowind and the new classes) and it doesn't feel like I'm missing out on anything. The world is fairly massive and the quests now scale with your level, so there's a ton of content that you never "outgrow." Maybe some of the others who are a bit higher level can speak to the benefits?

Gul's got it - wonky Steam pages, but whatever package gives you the base game or the base game plus expansion is the one you want. Worth mentioning that ESO plus does not include Morrowind, which is a full expansion that adds more stuff than the regular DLC.

That said, Gul is also correct that you don't really need any of the extras. I have the Morrowind expac and really haven't even looked at the zone it adds. I have the ESO plus membership largely for DLC access (and the sweet, sweet crafting item bag). I don't actually need to play the DLC content yet - I've barely touched the base game quest lines and my highest character is level 42. But I thought the Thieves Guild DLC looked fun, and I definitely wasn't disappointed! It has an interesting main quest line and side quests, hides "troves" in all areas of the game for you to find, and even has repeatable quests that I like. Normally, I flat out refuse to do dailies, but these are pretty fun. There's one where you have to try and rob an area in seven minutes or less, and you lose time if you get caught. You can still finish the quest if you run out of time, but you don't get the full reward. And it's hard! I've only beat the timer two or three times (out of maybe 10 tries?). There's another daily where you have to travel to different zones and rob a certain number of people - also not as easy as it sounds!

I created "SouthofHeaven" on the PC/NA server today ("South of Heaven" was claimed already), leave a message here if you want an invite! I just need @accountnames for anyone who wants an invite. :) 

28 minutes ago, Fera said:

.... and what?! "South of Heaven" was already taken?!? I wonder by whom! 

Could someone have created one back during the Beta?

Might need to poke some people from those old threads.

https://www.sohguild.com/index.php?/topic/10700-the-elder-scrolls-to-become-a-mmo/

https://www.sohguild.com/index.php?/topic/14446-elder-scrolls-online-beta/

Edited by Grieve