Ranks Defined

Ashin

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to clarify something about our permission structure, specifically with respect to Off-topic.

I'm aware that many of us share ample personal details in the off-topic and fitness forums. These forums are not visible to the general public, including webcrawlers for search engines. In that sense, what you post there has privacy.

However, these boards are available to Guests. A Guest is someone that we know is a human being who was either interested in the guild in the past, is a friend of a friend, or something along these lines. Guests access is awarded loosely - therefore Guests are not subject to the type of scrutiny that a Member would be.

I feel our community is reasonably secure. But please keep this explanation in mind when deciding what is appropriate for you to share. =)

• 1 year later...

We have a lot of people sitting on Veteran title right now, for whom that is not necessarily the right rank. I'm going to work with officers from both chapters to clean this up.

As a reminder, you can only hold a Veteran title if you are actively participating in an official chapter. We currently have two: GW2 & WoW.

If you are not actively playing either GW2 or WoW, your rank should be changed to Ghost.

If you are actively playing either GW2 or WoW, but with another guild, your rank should be changed to Friend. You will forfeit your Vet status in this case, as you would be reinstated to Member if you game with us in the future.

If you notice a title change and believe we have not correctly applied these rules, please PM me or Fera, depending on what chapter you are affiliated with.

Thank you.

Shouldn't that be flipped?

Friend sounds like a person that is playing a different game, but is still active on the forums. Ghost sounds like a person playing the same game as SoH, but decides they don't want to be in the guild.

Essentially, Friend and Ghost are both the same thing - a social rank. When a social member returns to an active chapter, they can be reinstated.

Friend can be reinstated to Member. But only Ghost can be reinstated to Vet. Since Vet is a hard title to earn, we wanted a way for them to be reinstated, rather than starting over again at Member.

Vet is a loyalty title. When someone decides they want to keep playing a game where we have a chapter, but do it with a different guild, the loyalty is put into question. We view that differently from someone who just needed a break from gaming, for example. A Ghost is a fully qualified Vet who just doesn't have time or interest in one of our current chapters. A Friend is a former Member (or Vet) who left us in good standing but has forfeit their previous status in the guild.

Vet is a loyalty title. When someone decides they want to keep playing a game where we have a chapter, but do it with a different guild, the loyalty is put into question.

I understand your point/intention -- but, in my opinion, this is a pretty offensive statement. Nothing is ever black and white.

• Fera unpinned this topic