GW2 Intro, Ameliana

Amara

Hi. I'm Jennifer, or any number of names ranging from Amara to Amarantha to Rizzleblik. When my boyfriend Gonz posted his intro, he tried to slide me in with his to spare my shyness, but alas I must post one of my own. :blush:  

I think he told of our meeting in Lotro; I spent many great years there leading a kinship. As so often happens though, people move on, things change, and I found the community not what it once was. Gonz and I now play a variety of MMOs together which takes up most of our free time. Polygamerous, yay! We came to this guild on the advice of Porqington and Kyouryoko.

My hobbies outside of MMOs include reading just about anything I can get my hands on, cross-stitching (mostly 8 bit game pictures) and watching a ridiculous amount of BBC Classic shows on Amazon. I also bake a mean cookie.

I look forward to meeting you all.  :)

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome! I can sympathize with being rather shy ... but I promise we're a lovely crowd and won't bite. ;)

It's always nice to run into former LotRO players! I used to play it tons, was an officer in a lovely kinship, but eventually my little rune keeper was retired once Firefoot became a ghost town. I still occasionally reminisce about how wonderful it was to see Lothlorien for the first time after grinding out Moria... Looking forward to meeting you in game!

Welcome, Amara! I, too, am a bit shy but I feel I can be myself around the great people that I've come to know and love in SoH. My husband, Pride, and I have been gaming together for 15 years. While gaming didn't bring us together, it is one of our favorite shared pass times. We also love to read and often find ourselves passing books back and forth on the kindle as we find things one enjoys and cajoles the other into reading it as well. What do you like to read? 

Welcome to SoH!

I would love to see pics of some of your cross-stiching. 8-bit stitches would be a real treat. :)

Glad to have more poly-gamerous players on board. We only have two official chapters going on, but once an admin bumps you to "Recruit" status, you'll be able to see the Gaming Buzz forum, which includes all kinds of titles.

Hello!

There's nothing wrong with being shy. :) (I also am quite shy.) I used to be forced to open up Mumble and cajoled into saying anything, but you'll find out quickly, as I did, that SoH has very good people!

Can't wait to meet you in-game!!

What character(s) do you play?

Edited by Makiko

Hi Amara -- welcome to the boards! 

I'm a stitcher, too, although I've not cross-stitched in some years. I found my fancy in Hardanger and needlepoint after cross work, dabbled in black work (kind of a fail there) and have recently picked up Tunisian crochet, which I love. I'd love to see some pics of your work!!

In a moment, I will change your forum status to Recruit and you'll be able to see all of what our forums have to offer. We use them a LOT, so dive in and make yourself at home. When you're done reading the links below, please check for a PM from me (look for red in the upper right corner).

Please respond where applicable 107%20Wink.png

• read and sign the Code of Conduct here
  • GW2 Chapter new member orientation here

Look forward to seeing you in game!

Hi there and welcome!

As a member of the polygamerous club myself, I'll tell you that I've been through the 8-step program and accepted the fact that I will never have enough time to play all the games I want to play. It's alright. Embrace the pain of that realization. Then come WvW with us!