GW2 Intro - SorrowfulNoctis

SorrowfulNoctis

Hello guys and gals. My name is Marco but I go as Marc. So far I have a level 17 thief that goes by Maddie Caelum and I recently purchased my PC because my friend Andy told me to buy this game.

First and foremost I am a failry quiet shy guy but I will not let that stop me from getting on mumble with you guys.. and gals. I am fairly new to PC gaming so I am pretty bad at reaching certain keys without looking at them lol. I did play Guild Wars 1 back in 2007 for a little bit but as it stands Guild Wars 2 will be my first MMO so please be patient with me. So far I do not know much about this game and even less about the PVP but I heard you guys have a big interest in WvW which I have never been in but am willing to try it out even though I'm not too big of a PvP guy.

I do have a job that keeps me busy from Wednesday-Saturday for 10 hours a day so the days I would be most active would be Sunday-Tuesday. On my days off I do look forward to trying all the guild activities and will be down to do almost any of them.

I look forward to getting to know you all.

Hi Marc -- welcome to the boards! 

You didn't mention that you were a friend of Greed's (Andy), but that's ok -- we won't hold knowing him against you ;) And don't you fret even a little about being new to MMOs. We're all avid gamers here and would be delighted to help you get your feet wet (or your legs and torso ^^). In fact, we'd love to just throw you into the deep end!

I see that your game time is limited, but don't worry. There are ways of making sure you succeed in achieving full membership!

During the 30-day recruit phase I have only 1 primary directive: you must move from stranger to friend. It's certainly do-able over 4 consecutive weeks --  as long as the player actively engages the guild, ie, says hello, uses /g chat, hangs out in mumble or TS3 and visits with people, joins in on group activities, uses forums, etc. The key to a successful vote is that we've gotten to know each other and there has to be mutual engagement for that to happen ^^

Ok, so on to the nitty-gritty. We use forums A LOT so dive in and make yourself at home. When you're done reading the links below, please check for a PM from me (look for red in the upper right corner).

Please respond where applicable 107%20Wink.png

• read and sign the Code of Conduct here
  • GW2 Chapter new member orientation here

I've already sent you a guild invite (Andy warned me about you! ;) so I look forward to seeing you in game!

ps -- guild activities are listed in the MotD in game. If you have any questions, please ask a Game Officer (me, Huntyre, Dililah, Jackal or Tyrlis).