South of Heaven does Extra Life 2015!

Tyrlis

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OOh I almost forgot. One of my long lost buddies that I just reconnected with recently is stopping by the house to play games during Extra Life. He mentioned that his dad got their NES refurbished for xmas last year and will be bringing it over. Old school Duck Hunt FTW!!! Im almost too scared to even touch it. 

OOh I almost forgot. One of my long lost buddies that I just reconnected with recently is stopping by the house to play games during Extra Life. He mentioned that his dad got their NES refurbished for xmas last year and will be bringing it over. Old school Duck Hunt FTW!!! Im almost too scared to even touch it. 

You're going to want to look into a relatively high-quality camera to be able to capture a large group of ppl playing a console game (unless I missed you mention you had a capture card). Another option is to use something like https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pas.webcam&hl=en to stream from your phone to your computer, where you can further stream it onto Twitch. You'll also have to remember to check your Twitch chat every once in a while to interact with everyone. I'm planning to have my Twitch stream up on my tablet while I'm streaming from my phone's camera.

I'll take a picture of my setup in the next couple days, but I was able to get it rigged so I won't have to leave my computer chair. Just waiting on 1 more cable to arrive from Amazon Prime. I needed an HD Analog adapter for my xbox360 to plug in an HDMI & Audio cable so I could actually be able to hear the games I play since my main monitor is being hijacked for both PS4 & xbox360 use.

Edited by Grieve

I've got my incentives (almost) ready!

- Using a busted up old brown footrest and a claymore sword one of my friends gave me years ago in CO, we're going to recreate the 'Sword in the Stone'. Every $5 donation will add a decoration to the hilt, ranging from Mardi Gras beads, zipties, necklaces, bandannas, and anything else I can think of.

- During the Team Fortress 2 stream, I'll be running a giveaway with each entry costing $5. The winner gets a TF2 figurine mailed to them.

- I'm going to wear a plain white t-shirt for the whole stream, and every time someone donates $10, one of my daughters will draw, paint, or pin something to the t-shirt. I will also wear the shirt out of the house for some sort of errand.

- I'm going to buy a $25 Steam gift card and a $25 Amazon gift card. Every $25 donation earns a chance to win a gift card, drawings will happen at the halfway point and at the end of the stream.

- I'm trying to come up with another prize for the $50 bracket. Wifey knows a bunch of artsy types and might try to get a donated piece of art that we can give away for everyone that hits $50.

Tyrlis thank you for the sparks of inspiration!

I may follow suit with the raffle idea and just run with a different gift card.

I'm also looking at having a running set of "Name that Phrase" games. (Think wheel of fortune) To guess a letter, donate $1. To guess the phrase, $2.

Wifey is trying to get me to post to social media twice a day in the run up to the stream, which is really demanding when I usually only post once a week... I got some help from my daughters this morning though.

https://www.facebook.com/nathan.tabbert/videos/10154099153459123 (public post, you don't have to sign up for Facebook Ashin...)

Sorry that I have been a little awol. Things have been hectic around here at my house. People are still asking if they have to be at my house for the entire 24 hours of Extra Life. (I can only say "its come and go" so many times before it gets old) On top of that we are looking into moving. Not sure if its actually going to happen. Ammunet and I kinda changed our minds about it again last night. Thinking of adding on instead.... 

Anyways. I have never streamed before. Ever. Don't even own a web cam. Can I get an inexpensive one that would still be decent enough quality? Best buy is right down the street from me... Do I have to pay for a service to stream (if yes, then... boo :()

I am working on my list of incentives but my mind has been kinda freaking out about a lot of things. Have a bunch of free games downloaded from Steam already. Queued up a bunch and let them go while I was sleeping :p

I may wear my cowboy hat while playing for Inedit since she apparently thinks that is all we wear down here :p

^^Hey look incentive lol^^ 

I saw a guy in a suit wearing cowboy boots and a cowboy hat.  I literally stopped in my tracks and took his picture.  I am disappointed I haven't seen anyone with a holster + gun yet.  Also, TX needs to stop with all this bacon.   

Is there a price for full cowboy getup + holster & gun???????

You wont see anyone with a holster and gun. Texas' law for open carry hasn't gone into affect yet. I think that is next August or so. I don't personally own a pistol but I can do a shotgun pic :p

Bacon: It wont ever go away. Mainly because it is amazing and we have feral hogs running all over the state and even with a no bag limit and an open hunting season on them they cant be stopped. Means bacon for everyone :)

And if you had accepted our invitation to take you out to dinner I would have shown up in a cowboy hat and boots anyways. That is what I usually wear. So you wouldnt have had to look like a creeper taking pictures of random people lol. 

Figured I would go ahead and write down my lists while I'm here. I will update them as I think up more stuff. (so much to do and so little time)

Incentives:

$5- I have made little Extra Life "medallions" (computer paper and paper stock lol) Every person that donates 5 dollars will have one of these hung up on my deer mount that is visible through my web cam. (picture of medallion attached)

$$? I will do something with the cowboy get up. I dont even know how to use "boy howdy" in context but I'm sure that I could think of something. Maybe every time I kill an alliance in PvP or something. 

$25- (first person only) Will shave my beard. I will have before and after pics

$50- (fist person only) Will cut off my ponytail and donate the hair to a charity that makes wigs of that person's choice. Will have before and after pics as well. 

Games: 

WoW

Trove

TF2

Going to try out: (Just bought the Extra Life humble pack so I have lots more now. I have no idea how good/bad any of these actually are )

Tera

Marvel Heroes 2015

Dirty Bomb

Dungeon Defenders 2

Warframe

How to Survive (& 3rd Person)

It came from space, and ate our brains

Overlord 1 & 2

Shadowgate (& MacVenture Series)

Secret Ponchos

Jazzpunk

Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes