GW2 - TooBz

Owl

Hi All,

I just joined the guild, so I figured I'd come here and tell you all a little bit about myself.

Guild Wars 2 is the only MMO I've ever played.  I've been playing since October.  I started on the Tarnished Coast, but really didn't like the way WvW was going there.  I joined a WvW only guild that ran a havok squad and tried to stay a step ahead of the zergs.  They were great players and very very disciplined (but as you may gather from this post, I am not so organized and disciplined).  I ended up moving to the Isle of Janthir, I had heard that it had a good WvW community if somewhat smaller.  What I found was no one on any map, many groups of 4 thieves picking off anyone who was poking around.  Not my idea of fun.  I came to Crystal Desert to try to find a happy medium.

I'm an active Guild Wars 2 player with a busy life.  I have a wife, who does not play, two children, and a full-time job (like 55-60 hours a week).  That said, I'm usually online for at least an hour or so in the evenings.  I can arrange for longer periods, but I actually have to schedule it.  (Oh, to be in college again)

I spend most of my time in WvW.  I'm fractal level 5 (4?).  I haven't done many dungeons, but if I have enough time, I'm always happy to give it a try.  So far I've done COF story, p1, p2; AC story, p1, p2 and that's about it.  If we run one you should know that if it's not COF p. 1 I'm lost in the wilderness.

For PvE, I enjoy jumping puzzles and I'm slowly working on map completion.  Because I don't have a lot of time, I generally don't do farming activities (but I'll take on Jormag or Teq if I happen to be around).  I keep up with the living story, but found it to be somewhat inconsistent.

I just started doing a little PvP.  I'm a level 4 rabbit. 

I have two computers I use to play.  A desktop that's pretty good, and a laptops that is really a glorified speak n' spell.  I sometimes use the laptop to finish off dailies or work on map completion while watching TV with my wife.  So if I can't always jump into something, that may be why.  (Although, if I can I'll usually run upstairs to do something fun, but you can't neglect the family.)

My Active Characters are:

Svikt (Male Asura) - Level 80 Staff/Hammer/Shout guardian.

Soph Silvertree (Female Sylvari) - Level 80 Mesmer (named after my daughter who designed the character), Shatter build, usually 0/20/20/0/30 or 20/20/0/0/30 but right now I'm playing around with 20/20/30/0/0.

Cloudy Daze (Female Human) - Level 80 Mesmer (no it's not a typo I really have 2), My current "project" character.  Condition builds or various types, working on a condition based boon support build as soon as I get the money for another set of apothecary armor.   By project I mean I haven't figured out what she's going to be when she grows up (read:gold sink).  I have a full set of rabid armor with condition duration runes, a full set of rabid armor (well the shoes are carrion) with runes of perplexity, a full set of apothecary with runes of melandru, and I have 6 runes of generosity waiting for another set of apothecary.

Locke Blackthorne (Male Sylvari) - Level 80 S/D thief.  Only on the "active" list because he's the closest to map completion.  Because of this, he usually gets used during Guild Missions. 

Semi-retired Back benchers.

Raith Tigerclaw (Male Human) - Level 80 Ranger Condition BM bunker. 

Sayn Lyn (I think) (Female Norn) - Level 80 Scepter / Dagger or Dagger / Dagger elementalists.  (You may see Sayn if we do a Guild Rush.  Elementalists are great for helping other people get through)

Devon Sturmkin (Male Norn) - Level 80 Warrior. 

Young, but I really need to stop making new characters.

Etching (Female Human) - level 51 necromancer.

Rasetti (Female Asura) - Level 22 engineer.

Other:

Summer Silvertree (Female Sylvari) - Level 3 Ranger that I play with my daughter (so named because we decided that she would be Soph's sister - which I find to be adorable).

Edited by TooBz

That's quite a set-up and thank you for the in-depth Introduction. I love that your little girl wanted sister chars, lol, very cute. I also think you're a smart man w/ that laptop... if my glorified toaster of a laptop could run GW2, I'd use mine the same way ^^

Since you've been invited as a Merc, I now have the pleasure of having you as a Recruit. I'll change your forum rank in a moment and get your in-game status changed to Recruit as soon as I log in. Soon you will receive a PM from me here on boards (look for red in the upper right corner).

Please take a moment to read the following threads and reply in them. 107%20Wink.png

• read and sign the Code of Conduct here
  • Mumble download and setup is here
  • GW2 Chapter new member orientation here

Cya in game!!!

Hee hee! You aren't the only one to let your kid make a character and play with you. On my account I have Martha Mouse, an Asuran Elementalist that my older daughter created and we play together. Which essentially means I manipulate the mouse and tell her when to push buttons and what ones to push.

Tuuuuuuubes! I can already tell I'm going to enjoy mispronouncing your name. It's alright because my name is mispelled and mispronounced regularly too...

It's great to have your WvW experience, we've been fighting in our CD bubble for a while and are always open to hear about strats. See you out on the Borderlands!

Painfully.  :-)

Personal story up to claw island (I dislike the rest of the story) 

Usually 1 pick two PvE zones for each level, so for example, Cloudy (the most recent) did Queensdale and Plains of Ashford.  I'd do hearts and dynamic events until I outleveled the zone (no hearts at my level) then go to the other zone, do the hearts up to my level, and go back.

Same for Kessex Hills and Brisbane, spent a fair amount of time on the bridge, lts., champion cycle.

Same for Hirathi Hinterlands and Lornar's Pass.  Spent a fair amount of time on the camp to champ event cycle.

Sparklefly Fen + crafting (everyone crafted Cooking to 400, I have all the other's disciplines available at 400, but Cloudy didn't do anymore than cooking - it's gotten much more expensive.)

Mt. Malestom + Fireheart Rise (I always do map complete on these two for the 4 exotics)

Frostgorge Sound (ditto, 2 more exotics)

That put me around level 76 or 78.  A couple of COF p.1  runs to finish it off. Or just map exploration (you get more experience the higher your level).

Almost forgot, mad dash through Orr to get the temple waypoints for the karma armor.

Edited by TooBz